Moving Things Along

A forum for DCC RPG judges. This forum covers adventure design, monsters, judges' advice, campaign building, and all other such things.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

losloris
Hard-Bitten Adventurer
FLGS: trig

Moving Things Along

Post by losloris »

We are a super group, five in all when we are all at the table. All are friends of mine who have become very friendly after once a monthing over three years.

When the game is on it seems to take an impossible amount of time to come to a decision on what to do next. Sometimes this can be as mondain as whether to turn right or go straight ahead.

I am thinking of imposing some type of rule to end debate, something like, you have five minutes to kick an option about collectively, and then each have one minute to present your idea and then vote. Seriously, just this would speed things up a bit.

Any suggestions?

Losloris
Fenris Ulfhamr
Cold-Blooded Diabolist
FLGS: -

Re: Moving Things Along

Post by Fenris Ulfhamr »

I throw in a two-minute sand timer when in combat and give timed breaks for big decisions. Real cliffhangers I try to plan for end of session so the issues get hashed out between games. I said "try", still get bogged down at my table, but it seems to help!

Black Kylessa (c) LV 2 Wizard (orphan)
Str7/8 (-1) Agi17(+2) Sta9(0) Per6(-1) Int15(+1) Luc15(+1) AC13 (padded armor, fumble d8) HP7 Sling+2 (1d4-1) or dagger+/-1 (1d4-1) Spd30 Init+2 R+3 F0 W0 Ragdoll (Mara), Pony, 48cp 602gp Common, Chaos, Halfling, Dwarven
Animal Summoning 64 Wealful/Woeful magic (erupts from the earth),Charm Person 83 Blue Star (black beam), Runic Alphabet, Mortal 43 no change, Spider Climb 53 no change (six extra eyes),Magic Missle 94 Fine Control (meteors),Chill Touch 50 no change (skeletal hands)

Return to “Judges' Forum”