Goodman Games

Fan Forums
It is currently Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:20 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Moving Things Along
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:15 pm 
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

FLGS: trig
We are a super group, five in all when we are all at the table. All are friends of mine who have become very friendly after once a monthing over three years.

When the game is on it seems to take an impossible amount of time to come to a decision on what to do next. Sometimes this can be as mondain as whether to turn right or go straight ahead.

I am thinking of imposing some type of rule to end debate, something like, you have five minutes to kick an option about collectively, and then each have one minute to present your idea and then vote. Seriously, just this would speed things up a bit.

Any suggestions?

Post subject: Re: Moving Things Along
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:13 pm 
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

FLGS: Gibson's Gaming and Trade Post (Blairsville)
I throw in a two-minute sand timer when in combat and give timed breaks for big decisions. Real cliffhangers I try to plan for end of session so the issues get hashed out between games. I said "try", still get bogged down at my table, but it seems to help!

Arvis (l) kith mapper/Grub
Str9(0) Agi11(0) Sta13/15(+1) Per11/12(0) Int12(0) Luc17(+2) AC10 HP15 att+1 1d10/III flint knife(x2)+3(1d4+2) or club+1(1d6) Spd30 Init0 R+1 F+2 W+0
chest w/ flask, mushroom bits(x4), ebon fruit, hand-sized mirror, thick leather & ink (att w/spear, javelin, axe+2;att&dmg w/flint knife+2) Planetary Common
Beega the Butcher (l) kith stonecutter/Grub
Str4(-2) Agi12(0) Sta14(+1) Per7(-1) Int8(-1) Luc11(0) AC10 HP10 att+1 1d10/II stone axe-1(1d6-2) or flint spear-1(1d8-2) Spd30 Init0 R+1 F+2 W-1
stone tools, empty flask, large sack w/Ythothian head, Hag's head, hagflesh Planetary Common

Wilderness Survivor+1, Force of Will burn d2
Darag DEAD laid down her life for the honor of her pack...
Kolo DEAD struck down battling that which is an abomination in the eyes of the Masters...
Moarbanez DEAD -died gloriously cleft in twain by a glaive...