Alternate Cleric Rules

A forum for DCC RPG judges. This forum covers adventure design, monsters, judges' advice, campaign building, and all other such things.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

bookish
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Alternate Cleric Rules

Post by bookish »

Hey all. The last time I posted was about world creation. I have been slowly working through some algorithms for generating features of a campaign world from scratch using dice throws. That being said, I was thinking about how to approach creating deities from scratch, and that sent me on a big creative tangent about clerics and alternate means for the cleric to find his calling... And it got involved. I would like to submit a rough draft (it'll be about 5-6 pages probably) this week to some fresh eyes and minds for critiques to help in streamlining ideas where necessary. I would appreciate it if any interested people could send me a message with an email address to send a Word doc, or if you don't feel comfortable with me sending you an attachment, I could set it up on Google Docs and send out a private link. I'm working off of a Raspberry Pi, and Google Docs isn't playing nice with my browser right now, so that will take a little more time to set up. I hope to get the document into decent shape by Wednesday for a first round reading.

I would ask that all interested parties respect the work that I have put into it and promise to not copy or distribute the material until I whip it into fighting shape and decide how I actually want to distribute the work, with whatever permissions or agreements necessary to do so. I also ask that you not create any derivitive material from this work (like a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivative license), and please point out any similar material that might be out there to keep me from stepping on someone else's creative toes.

It could end up not being anyone else's cup of tea, but I'd like to get the ball rolling and finish some of the projects related to DCC that I have set out to do.

Thanks a bunch!
beermotor
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Re: Alternate Cleric Rules

Post by beermotor »

PM me, I'm interested. Also interested in your other procedural generation stuff. I am a huge DwarfFortress fan. I'm guessing you've probably looked at that already.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Post by Raven_Crowking »

I think you will find lots of folks interested.

If you build it, they will come.
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
bookish
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by bookish »

@beermotor: I have never heard of Dwarf Fortress. It looks pretty bad-ass! I'm aiming for something a little less comprehensive, but definitely in the spirit for a pen and paper world-builder. As for the cleric write up: expect a pm later this week. I have the day off tomorrow and access to a computer with better capabilities. I am working on some spells right now, and I need to clarify some ideas. I tend to edit as I go, and then re-edit at the start of new writing sessions. I keep staying up til 1 or 2 am writing, then getting up between 6 and 6:30 to get ready for work. Not tomorrow!
bookish
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by bookish »

@Raven_Crowking I hope so! It would be wild to hear that people are playing through my ideas and enjoying the ride. That's the goal, anyway!

Return to “Judges' Forum”