Petrol Zombies

A forum for DCC RPG judges. This forum covers adventure design, monsters, judges' advice, campaign building, and all other such things.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Stretch
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Petrol Zombies

Post by Stretch »

For those not on G+

So I saw this trailer this morning....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bESob6LPkA0 and in thinking about the teaser of vehicles for the next Crawling Under a Broken Moon the following was born:

Petrol Zombies: Init -3; Atk bite+3 melee (1d4) or Petro-Vomit +2 (1d3 + poison); AC 9; HD 3d6; MV 25; Act 1d20; SP undead traits, Petrol Sickness, explosive; SV Fort +5, Reflex -3 Will +2; AL C

Petrol Zombies are a form of mutated undead that store petrol in their guts. They are slightly quicker than their cousins. There are usually 1d3-1 petrol zombies in any small group and 2d6-1 in larger zombie herds. They attack by biting or Vomiting petrol. The petrol is highly flammable so fire attacks have the possibility of causing an explosion for 2d4 pts of damage to all within a 5’ diameter of the target with an additional 1d4 each round the flames are not put out. Any character that is hit by the Petrol-Vomit must make a fort save at a DC 8 or suffer Petrol Sickness. Roll on the table below to determine the effects of the sickness.

Petrol Sickness (1d3 Con damage and roll 1d5)

1) Unconsciousness - Unconscious for the next 1d6 hours.

2) Extreme Fatigue For the next 1d5 hours all rolls are reduced by 2 on the dice chain.

3) Vision Loss - For the next 1d3 hours all vision related skills are reduced by 2 on the dice chain.

4) Confusion - For the next 1d3 rounds the mind is racked with hallucinations making combat difficult. Roll 1d3 1-Attacks are directed towards allies 2- No attack possible 3 – Attacks are rolled as normal but crits are not possible.

5) Difficulty Breathing - For the next 1d3 rounds exerting the body is much more difficult and scales down one die to reflect the extra labor required.

Fuel can be harvested from the dead petrol zombie provided the stomach cavity has not been punctured during combat. Up to a gallon of fuel can be gained.

This is the first creature I have shared so any comments or suggested alterations would be much appreciated.
-Stretch
If you survive a crucible you grow the stronger for it. - Arrow.
NJPDX
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Re: Petrol Zombies

Post by NJPDX »

I like the concept. How about naphtha golems for DCC fantasy themed game?
fym66
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by fym66 »

If I could give you internet points, I would! Good job!
Stretch
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Stretch »

Look for an updated version in issue 6 of Crawling Under a Broken Moon.
-Stretch
If you survive a crucible you grow the stronger for it. - Arrow.

Return to “Judges' Forum”