tower out of time

A forum for DCC RPG judges. This forum covers adventure design, monsters, judges' advice, campaign building, and all other such things.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

maxinstuff
Wild-Eyed Zealot

tower out of time

Post by maxinstuff »

Would any road crew judges be prepared to sell me their second hard copy of tower out of time??

I have been looking around and there are no conventions within reasonable travel distance where I could run this in the qualifying period.

I am in Australia so gaming events are thin on the ground, and those that do exist seem dedicated exclusively to warhammer and other miniature wargames.....

I'm happy to pay for the module and postage of course.
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Re: tower out of time

Post by GnomeBoy »

Just to make sure you know your options include events other than conventions -- your options include events other than conventions. You could run a public game at a game store, for example.
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
maxinstuff
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by maxinstuff »

GnomeBoy wrote:Just to make sure you know your options include events other than conventions -- your options include events other than conventions. You could run a public game at a game store, for example.
I can definitely look in to this. Will post results.
MrHemlocks
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Post by MrHemlocks »

GnomeBoy wrote:Just to make sure you know your options include events other than conventions -- your options include events other than conventions. You could run a public game at a game store, for example.
I run DCC games/adventures all time, least on Fridays, at my local game store (Underhill Games) and was not aware of this either. How can I get a copy of that adventure. My group would love to play it. I would add it to my DCC Blackmarsh campaign. :P
Rick
Cold-Blooded Diabolist
FLGS: Gateway Games & More

Post by Rick »

MrHemlocks wrote:
I run DCC games/adventures all time, least on Fridays, at my local game store (Underhill Games) and was not aware of this either. How can I get a copy of that adventure. My group would love to play it. I would add it to my DCC Blackmarsh campaign. :P
http://www.goodman-games.com/50775preview.html
Available as part of the DCC RPG World Tour, The Tower Out of Time is provided in PDF to any judge who runs a road crew event in June or July! We encourage you to run your event on Free RPG Day at a participating store, but any road crew event in June or July qualifies. Here’s how to get your copy:
  • It’s easy! E-mail us with the date, time, and location of your event; an online link to the event; and your contact info.
  • The event must be in a game store, at a game con, or at another public location. Make sure the event is in June or July.
  • We will send you a PDF link for The Tower Out of Time. Your event will also be eligible for all the awesome DCC RPG swag, as shown on our World Tour page.
  • For participating road crew judges, an upgrade to print is also available at a cost of $9.99 plus shipping (visit our online store). Please note: you must run the road crew event to purchase a print copy. The print copy may not arrive in time for your event.
maxinstuff
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by maxinstuff »

So.... I cannot seem to find anywhere that I can run a road crew game in Australia. Game stores don't stock it, and conventions over the period don't have RPG's as part of the event. This makes me a sad panda.

If any road crew GM's are prepared to sell me one of the hard copies available to them I would be grateful.

EDIT: The only option I have found is a local gaming club - but I don't really feel this qualifies as a 'public' game.... at least not in the spirit of what the road crew games are supposed to be about.
fuel
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by fuel »

Kinda OT, but the first time I read the title "Tower Out Of Time", I misread it as "Trailer Out Of Time". Visions of a white trash-70s-South Park-Heavy Metal-Regular Show-Thundarr mash up floated through my mind until I reread the title. I have to admit I am kinda disappointed. Lol.
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

maxinstuff wrote:EDIT: The only option I have found is a local gaming club - but I don't really feel this qualifies as a 'public' game.... at least not in the spirit of what the road crew games are supposed to be about.
A local gaming club is fine. The idea is just to get out and play in a place where new people check out the game. I just got a note from someone who is running a session at a local middle school. I also had one other person request swag for a game at a local bar. Of course most games are at stores or cons, but schools and bars also qualify. Just don't drink at school, kids. :D

As far as "Trailer Out of Time," heh, I got a laugh out of that one. The guy on page 372 of the core book would definitely be at that party!
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
maxinstuff
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by maxinstuff »

Well...... SIGN ME UP!.

I'll shoot through an email with all the details.
fuel
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by fuel »

[/quote]As far as "Trailer Out of Time," heh, I got a laugh out of that one. The guy on page 372 of the core book would definitely be at that party![/quote]

Totally. Muttonchops! I had a vision of Doug Kovac's Hugh riding shotgun in a '77 T-Top Trans-Am playing mailbox baseball with a battle axe against pedestrian monsters. F'n RAD. Maybe Muttonchops could drive for him.
cjfodel
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by cjfodel »

I am getting ready to run a game on a cruse ship. Also run game at stores that don carry the game to get people that has never herd of DCC RPG to learn of the game by playing it.

Charles
cthulhudarren
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by cthulhudarren »

My own gaming group is all 3.5 edition only and has never played DCC RPG and I want to run this to convert them! Is that a reason to get the PDF?
Skars
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Skars »

cthulhudarren wrote:My own gaming group is all 3.5 edition only and has never played DCC RPG and I want to run this to convert them! Is that a reason to get the PDF?
...gotta be in public otherwise it didn't happen. :)
cthulhudarren
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by cthulhudarren »

Skars wrote:
cthulhudarren wrote:My own gaming group is all 3.5 edition only and has never played DCC RPG and I want to run this to convert them! Is that a reason to get the PDF?
...gotta be in public otherwise it didn't happen. :)

Doh!

Return to “Judges' Forum”