The Treeperson: My Second Class

Forum for discussing DCC RPG characters, classes, and character-related subjects.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

FLP
Far-Sighted Wanderer
FLGS: game kastle

The Treeperson: My Second Class

Post by FLP »

Hey People of DCC!

I am back to give you guys another class. The Treeperson! It is a hardy protector that can take a punch! Please have fun with this :) and give me all your critiques on the comments. I hope you all enjoy!! :)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5mbV8 ... sp=sharing
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Re: The Treeperson: My Second Class

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Thank you!
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
BanjoJohn
Deft-Handed Cutpurse
FLGS: there are a few but I dont really consider any of them as my main flgs

Post by BanjoJohn »

Here are my thoughts

Weapons: you can make the list of weapons shorter if you change (shortsword, longsword, two handed sword) to just (sword(any)), you can change (longbow, shortbow, crossbow) to (bow(any)), (battleaxe, handaxe) to (axe(any)). This can be good to just shorten the list down a bit, make it easier to read. I looked at the list of cleric weapon proficiencies based on their alingment for the example on shortening the weapon proficiency list.

Vulnerable to fire: I know its a fantasy game and nitpicking can be a bother, but usually its dead, dry wood that catches fire, a living tree is difficult to catch on fire. I would see no problem if you wanted to remove this from the class. But it can add to the text if you wanted to add the vulnerability. Although DCC is hard enough, why make things even harder?

Intimidate looks like it could be more succinct, or phrased better. I would also start it off at 1d3 and have it go up from there.

I don't know if an ability that expressly relies on burning stamina to reduce damage is a good thing? Reducing your stamina will reduce your HP if you use it enough. So you'd be reducing your HP to lose less HP. So it seems a bit harsh of a penalty to just reduce damage from one attack.

I would probably have deflection work on every attack the treeperson takes for a whole round.
FLP
Far-Sighted Wanderer
FLGS: game kastle

Post by FLP »

Thank you banjo john for you suggestions!! I agree with some of the things you say and I think I might change them. For the deflection ability though I think I will make a separate number based on your stamina that you can burn just like you would stamina for the ability. For the vulnerability to fire thing, I wanted to give the treeperson a weakness because they will be one tough warrior in combat and will be hard to kill especially with the deflection ability and their extra bonus to AC. I also kinda was thinking they were more dry wood than like a normal tree. What are your thoughts?
BanjoJohn
Deft-Handed Cutpurse
FLGS: there are a few but I dont really consider any of them as my main flgs

Post by BanjoJohn »

I mean, these are tree-people, that implies living wood to me, which has sap and water and whatnot in the grain keeping things alive and damp. Maybe you could just lower the natural AC bonus instead of having the fire weakness?

Return to “Characters”