Are wizards too powerful in your campaign?

Forum for discussing DCC RPG characters, classes, and character-related subjects.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Fenris Ulfhamr
Cold-Blooded Diabolist
FLGS: -

Re: Are wizards too powerful in your campaign?

Post by Fenris Ulfhamr »

Ducaster wrote:
LOL! How about low tech it friend and drop them into a 5x5x5 room filled with poisonous centipedes.... OR have the floors ready to collapse if something bigger than man size stands on it....
Love it. I've already smooshed one of them with a simple trap. Suddenly that normal-sized Thief is all-important!

Black Kylessa (c) LV 2 Wizard (orphan)
Str7/8 (-1) Agi17(+2) Sta9(0) Per6(-1) Int15(+1) Luc15(+1) AC13 (padded armor, fumble d8) HP7 Sling+2 (1d4-1) or dagger+/-1 (1d4-1) Spd30 Init+2 R+3 F0 W0 Ragdoll (Mara), Pony, 48cp 602gp Common, Chaos, Halfling, Dwarven
Animal Summoning 64 Wealful/Woeful magic (erupts from the earth),Charm Person 83 Blue Star (black beam), Runic Alphabet, Mortal 43 no change, Spider Climb 53 no change (six extra eyes),Magic Missle 94 Fine Control (meteors),Chill Touch 50 no change (skeletal hands)
Ducaster
Hard-Bitten Adventurer
FLGS: Athena Games Norwich.

Re: Are wizards too powerful in your campaign?

Post by Ducaster »

Fenris Ulfhamr wrote: Love it. I've already smooshed one of them with a simple trap. Suddenly that normal-sized Thief is all-important!
And thats a very good point in return: if the party has a Thief that wants to do scouty stuff they need to be able to shine and not sidelined (however unintentionally) by the Wizard/Warrior double act you described.
{Standard Disclaimer} If it was mentioned already and I missed it, please put this down to my advanced age and senility rather than discourtesy!
My DCC games work site is here http://www.dcc.aweninspired.com/?page_id=1869 Use my forum name here as the Password
Mutatis Mundi Game Cha sheet here http://www.dcc.aweninspired.com/wp-cont ... 3.4.18.pdf

Return to “Characters”