New characters for DCC?

Forum for discussing DCC RPG characters, classes, and character-related subjects.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

MrHemlocks
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

New characters for DCC?

Post by MrHemlocks »

Hello

Are there any plans for DCC to add more characters/races to the game? I like the ones we have but my players always require more. I understand that DCC does not want book/edition wars like D&D has gotten themself into but maybe a 1-2 small books, less than 25 pages, a year with added rules and possible characters/races would be neat and profitable.
beermotor
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Re: New characters for DCC?

Post by beermotor »

CRAWL! just put out an issue with 4 new classes.
sheriffharry
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by sheriffharry »

...including a mischievous GNOME/illusionist + very innovative Bard, Paladin and Ranger.
MrHemlocks
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Post by MrHemlocks »

sheriffharry wrote:...including a mischievous GNOME/illusionist + very innovative Bard, Paladin and Ranger.

These are all great I am sure but not official DCC classes/races. I was wondering if DCC was going to put out anymore books that will expand on the rules/classes/races.
beermotor
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by beermotor »

Pretty sure that answer is no. There's so many ways to customize characters, particularly with interesting ARRPEE, that I think extra classes are superfluous, but that's just me.
Colin

Post by Colin »

MrHemlocks wrote:
sheriffharry wrote:...including a mischievous GNOME/illusionist + very innovative Bard, Paladin and Ranger.

These are all great I am sure but not official DCC classes/races. I was wondering if DCC was going to put out anymore books that will expand on the rules/classes/races.
Not unless such material appears in one of the Annuals, and to be frank, I think Joseph prefers that such material is produced by 3PPs. One of his big goals with DCC RPG was to specifically avoid creating a ruleset that became ever more bloated with more splats, more rules, more stuff in general. It's like the anti-3r/4e/Pathfinder model; Joseph clearly wants to focus on giving Judges adventure ideas and support. Besides, you do know that all 3PP material is personally vetted by Joseph, don't you, so that there's no rubbish? Don't be too quick to ignore something just because it's 3PP.

Colin
sniderman
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by sniderman »

Colin wrote: Besides, you do know that all 3PP material is personally vetted by Joseph, don't you, so that there's no rubbish? Don't be too quick to ignore something just because it's 3PP.

Colin
Bingo. If you see this on the cover:

...it means Joseph himself reviewed the material, judged it to be worthy of the game's "voice", and has allowed the logo to grace the product. Can't get much more "official" unless Joseph wrote and published it personally.
Colin

Post by Colin »

Yep. Plus, some of us who've written 3PP material are also involved in writing official material too (so it's really odd to say, "I like your work in this official product but will not even look at it in this 3PP Joseph-approved product."). Nope, I ain't saying anything; I'm under NDA. :P

Colin
MrHemlocks
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Post by MrHemlocks »

Nice to know. If I see the DCC logo it is good to go)

Return to “Characters”