New Spell: Conservation of Mass

Discussion of all things magical for DCC RPG -- "Let the Phlogiston take you where it will..."

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

BanjoJohn
Deft-Handed Cutpurse
FLGS: there are a few but I dont really consider any of them as my main flgs

New Spell: Conservation of Mass

Post by BanjoJohn »

Not fully fleshed out yet, but I have the basics down, probably still needs refined, honed, sharpened, fine tuned, etc.

Channeled through arcane means, you are able to transfer mass from one or more objects into others.

1-12: Failure. Forgotten
13-15: You may transfer mass between one held object and another, One may feel up to 5 pounds lighter while the other feels 5 pounds heavier while the spell lasts.
16-20: You may transfer mass between any two objects as above, but within line of sight and up to 10 pounds. Or you may choose two weapons within line of sight. The change in weight will throw off the balance of anyone using them to attack. The heavier weapon suffers a -D to attack and initiative rolls but a +D to damage. While the Lighter weapon suffers a -D to damage rolls but gains a +D to attack and initiative rolls.
21-24: As above, but up to 20 pounds may be transferred between two objects, and the Die chain modifiers increase to +/-2D to hit if you go the full 20 pounds. You may also choose armor as objects to gain or lose mass. If you make armor heavier, it will slow characters by 5', and increase check penalty by 1 for every 10 pounds, as well as decrease AC by 1 for every 20 pounds. If you make armor lighter, it will decrease any speed penalty by 5' and check penalty by 1 for every 10 pounds, as well as increasing AC bonus by 1 for every 20 pounds.
25-28: I was thinking this level might make it possible to lighten people enough to effectively "moon jump", make heavy objects movable by hand, immobilize people under their own weight, etc.
29+: additional stuff like above, but increasing the mass rate and range.
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Re: New Spell: Conservation of Mass

Post by GnomeBoy »

What about higher levels affecting more objects? Make an entire opposing force too heavy to move, that sort of thing...
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
BanjoJohn
Deft-Handed Cutpurse
FLGS: there are a few but I dont really consider any of them as my main flgs

Re: New Spell: Conservation of Mass

Post by BanjoJohn »

GnomeBoy wrote:What about higher levels affecting more objects? Make an entire opposing force too heavy to move, that sort of thing...
Yeah, I'm thinking I might just have each level be weight limits rather than object limits.

Return to “Magic and Spells”