Aga-Krul -- The Fearless Ally

Discussion of all things magical for DCC RPG -- "Let the Phlogiston take you where it will..."

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

ragboy
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Aga-Krul -- The Fearless Ally

Post by ragboy »

The pre-historic campaign expands apace!

The characters have delved deeper into the ancient dwarven steading where they found that the children of the Destroyer of Worlds, Qo, the Twin-Headed Snake, still reside.

The session was classic Appendix N and DCC. The characters had to leap a 15' span to a massive statue, climb around the back to find a hatch and ladder down the inside to the floor of the complex (lots of Luck burning and a couple of tragic falls). The final encounter was as epic as I've seen in this game. All of the 1st level characters were immobilized by the poison of the Yan snake-things, and it took successive critical hits by the two remaining 0-level characters to pull everyone's fat out of the fire. Both 0-levels were bitten, managed to survive the damage, and burned Luck to defeat the poison. Very epic... I thought I had a TPK, but alas...no.

I'll have a few more relics that they've discovered and a little free supplement that expands on one of the locations found in UK5: The Eye of the Serpent. 

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Krul, huntsman and warrior of great prowess took up with the Nergalite dwarves, leading with him his clan of fierce warriors and acting as bodyguard to Agol Umberstone, the prophet of Nergal.
Together they traveled to the interior of Kharg Island and built a fine temple to the Winter Sun. From there, Krul and his clan traveled with the Nergalites to the mountains where the dwarves built a steading and shrine to Nergal.

When the Dissenter freed the serpent children of Qo and forced conversions upon the Nergalites, Krul stood with his master and the faithful few wielding his great bone spear against the vile children of the Destroyer of Worlds. It is said that Krul’s spear killed the Dissenter and allowed a small group of loyal Nergalites to escape from the dwarven steading while both Krul and the prophet were martyred.

Aga-Krul is a 10’ long spear with a bone shaft and a bronze head carved with dwarven runes glorifying the hunt and battle. Due to the many supernatural creatures killed by its original owner, the spear has taken on a strange intelligence and burns with a vengeful purpose. In the hands of any character, the combatant receives a +1 to attack and damage. If the bearer is fighting a “giant” sized creature, including humanoid giants or larger versions of otherwise normal creatures (such as giant spiders, mammoths, and the like) the spear inflicts an additional 1d3 damage. The spear itself communicates to the bearer with mental tugs, half-remembered dreams and, occasionally, more direct methods. These mental pushes allow the bearer to determine whether a given entity is of the Lawful alignment, and a potential ally.

Aga-Krul seeks to avenge its original bearer against the lingering spirit of the Dissenter. The first convert to worship of Qo among the Nergalites was slain by Krul, but its spirit was granted a new form which currently resides in the old temple to Nergal on the island in Wroten Lake. Should the bearer face this demon, Aga-Krul may be thrown with an unerring strike (+20 to the first attack) and deals 2d6 damage, plus the wielder’s Strength bonus. The spear immediately returns to the bearer’s hand. In addition, if the Dissenter is struck by Aga-Krul, one of its special abilities (randomly determined) is neutralized for 24 hours.

http://mysticbull.blogspot.com/2014/11/ ... -ally.html -- PDF version on the blog...
AKA Paul Wolfe
The Mystic Bull: Check out our two FREE prehistoric adventures: The Steading of the Nergalites AND The Tribe of Ogg and the Gift of Suss
In the Prison of the Squid Sorcerer (PDF) and softcover: 12 Short Adventures for DCC!
The God-Seed Awakens: 3rd Level Adventure for DCC. New patron, new spells, lots of new monsters and the living weapons of the Empire of Thal!
My Gamer Profile
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Re: Aga-Krul -- The Fearless Ally

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Cool.
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.

Return to “Magic and Spells”