Wizard Power

Discussion of all things magical for DCC RPG -- "Let the Phlogiston take you where it will..."

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Re: Wizard Power

Post by Raven_Crowking »

themightyeroc wrote:
Skyscraper wrote:
caveman wrote:One question, are you making the wizard declare Spellburn before the roll? I felt like Wizards were overpowered until I realized that was the case.

But, yeah, it really comes down to the rolls.
Do spellburns need to be declared before a roll? Hehe, I didn't know that :)

Hey, yeah there we go. Our Wizard has been using Spellburn in the same way as luck. Duh! If he has to declare how much he burns before rolling a casting roll that makes magic much scarier!!!! I will pay better attention to this from here on and relay that to the player at the start of our next session.
I recommend that you also use the chart on page 109. If the wizard wants to Spellburn, that is what the forces available want of him. In some cases, where the wizard then decides not to, those forces take a point of Luck instead.
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
oncelor
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Re: Wizard Power

Post by oncelor »

cthulhudarren wrote:
Gameogre wrote: I'm curious how folks deal with sneak attack. Can it be done over and over again in battle by hiding? I'm thinking it should only be usable by surprise? The rules are unclear IMHO.
I allow thieves to attempt it during battle if they are in a flanking position or might plausibly be hidden from their target (around a corner, in shadows, behind some cover, etc.) The Sneak DC varies from 10 to 25 depending on the monster and situation. I do allow repeat sneak attacks on the same target under the same circumstances, but the sneak DC gets 5 harder.

Return to “Magic and Spells”