Monster Damage Modifiers

For DCC RPG rules discussion. Includes rules questions and ideas, new rules suggestions, homebrews and hacks, conversions to other systems, and everything else rules-related.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

vergman83
Ill-Fated Peasant
FLGS: gigacon

Monster Damage Modifiers

Post by vergman83 »

When building monsters using the Dragon and Demon tables, how do judges decide damage modifiers and saving throw modifiers? I've been eyeballing +2 or -2 from the hit dice as appropriate, but was curious what other Judges decided.
BanjoJohn
Deft-Handed Cutpurse
FLGS: there are a few but I dont really consider any of them as my main flgs

Re: Monster Damage Modifiers

Post by BanjoJohn »

For dragons, page 406 tells you what you need to know for saving throw modifiers. I'm guessing dragons don't get damage modifiers because of all the other stuff they have.

Demons page 404. Although you dont even get their saving throw modifiers. Some demons that are 'known' do have some pattern of damage bonus but its not consistant for each type of attack they have, and their saving throws dont seem to follow some kind of pattern either, at least I'm not really that interested in plotting them all out to find a pattern if one exists. Basically you should choose the saving throw bonuses and damage bonuses for demons you create yourself. They could have +4 damage on a claw but only +2 damage on a bite, or whatever, so you can think of them as specializing in something.

Return to “Rules discussion”