Reload Times for Crossbows

For DCC RPG rules discussion. Includes rules questions and ideas, new rules suggestions, homebrews and hacks, conversions to other systems, and everything else rules-related.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Realm Master K
Ill-Fated Peasant
FLGS: We don't have one where I live. :(

Reload Times for Crossbows

Post by Realm Master K »

Hi all. I have searched and searched in the DCC Core Rulebook, this forum and even Google but have not found a rule on Crossbow reload times. What do other judges use? Can they fire every round? Is that why the damage is so low? I did see one thread where posters were advocating an increase in damage and reload times were mentioned but no times were given.

I'd love to hear some opinions on this.
Thanks.
Ravenheart87
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Re: Reload Times for Crossbows

Post by Ravenheart87 »

It's up to the Judge. In my case it's a light crossbow, and I have introduced a seperate heavier crossbow with d10 damage and one action reload.
Vorpal Mace: a humble rpg blog with some DCC-related stuff.
BanjoJohn
Deft-Handed Cutpurse
FLGS: there are a few but I dont really consider any of them as my main flgs

Re: Reload Times for Crossbows

Post by BanjoJohn »

The shortbow, crossbow, and longbow all have the same damage, the only difference is their price, and their range brackets for short/medium/long ranges.

No mention is ever made of needing to reload for any ranged weapons to differentiate them from melee weapons, so rules wise, they take no special action to reload other than the character having the ammunition available to actually reload the weapon.

This means if they do make it up to a high enough level where they have multiple action dice, that they will be able to fire a crossbow more than once per round if their class allows them to spend extra action dice on attacks.

Return to “Rules discussion”