Acquiring New Skills

For DCC RPG rules discussion. Includes rules questions and ideas, new rules suggestions, homebrews and hacks, conversions to other systems, and everything else rules-related.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

fanditch
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Acquiring New Skills

Post by fanditch »

How have you all handled the acquisition of skills in DCC? I was thinking that a player could in-game pay for training in a particular skill and thus be trained in it. For example, if a player wanted to be trained in mounted combat he could pay the services of a trainer in-game and thereafter be considered trained. Using this in-game method, a character wouldn't be limited to skills based on his occupation. Has anyone tried this approach?
Ravenheart87
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Re: Acquiring New Skills

Post by Ravenheart87 »

This is how I added elite classes like paladin and ranger to the game. They didn't require training only though. The PCs had to prove themselves worthy with a quest first.
Vorpal Mace: a humble rpg blog with some DCC-related stuff.
mythfish
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Re: Acquiring New Skills

Post by mythfish »

fanditch wrote:How have you all handled the acquisition of skills in DCC? I was thinking that a player could in-game pay for training in a particular skill and thus be trained in it. For example, if a player wanted to be trained in mounted combat he could pay the services of a trainer in-game and thereafter be considered trained. Using this in-game method, a character wouldn't be limited to skills based on his occupation. Has anyone tried this approach?
I've never had it come up in any of my games, but this seems to me like a perfectly reasonable way to handle it.
Dieter Zimmerman
[[Faceless Minion of the Dark Master]]

Return to “Rules discussion”