Conversions

For DCC RPG rules discussion. Includes rules questions and ideas, new rules suggestions, homebrews and hacks, conversions to other systems, and everything else rules-related.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

heivilinj
Gongfarmer
FLGS: Mageling Games

Conversions

Post by heivilinj »

I have been running my group through some Iron Kingdoms Unleashed from Privateer Press. They like the setting and are enjoying their characters but the rules are inspired by the miniatures game and definitely feel like it. They want me to convert the campaign into DCC rules since they love the game and the adventures we've had therein.

I found some firearms rules in the Crawling Under a Broken Moon fanzine (issue #1) but I was wondering what other suggestions folks had for this conversion. There are some aspects of characters that I am considering keeping (choosing races, archtypes & their abilities) but would convert most of the rest from their 2d6 system into the dice chain of DCC.

Thanks in advance.
Jim
Stretch
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Re: Conversions

Post by Stretch »

I am not familiar with Iron Kingdoms Unleashed but I can give you a few items to consult.

Crawl # 8 has firearm rules (if I am not mistaken they are the same rules used in CUABM though they may be expanded a bit.) High Caliber Hijinks cover some crit and fumble charts that you may find useful. Honestly almost everything in the CUBAM series would probably find use.

For converting monsters...people them with monsters has a nice conversion chart. It was featured in one of the Crawl issues, Im thinking the monster issue but I may be wrong. I can look that up when I get home. But again, you can grab any Crawl and find something useful in it.

Mapping races/classes over shouldn't be too difficult.

If you want/need more ideas maybe you can give us a few ideas of what you find, in looking at the setting, that needs to be converted over.
-Stretch
If you survive a crucible you grow the stronger for it. - Arrow.
Fenris Ulfhamr
Cold-Blooded Diabolist
FLGS: -

Re: Conversions

Post by Fenris Ulfhamr »

Right away I want to see Toruk as a patron, mwahaha... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
I'm a press ganger for Privateer Press, and love the Iron Kingdom setting as well, but one of the things I love about DCC is how not a miniature game it is. Stating out some critters from the Monsternomicon could be tons of fun.

Black Kylessa (c) LV 2 Wizard (orphan)
Str7/8 (-1) Agi17(+2) Sta9(0) Per6(-1) Int15(+1) Luc15(+1) AC13 (padded armor, fumble d8) HP7 Sling+2 (1d4-1) or dagger+/-1 (1d4-1) Spd30 Init+2 R+3 F0 W0 Ragdoll (Mara), Pony, 48cp 602gp Common, Chaos, Halfling, Dwarven
Animal Summoning 64 Wealful/Woeful magic (erupts from the earth),Charm Person 83 Blue Star (black beam), Runic Alphabet, Mortal 43 no change, Spider Climb 53 no change (six extra eyes),Magic Missle 94 Fine Control (meteors),Chill Touch 50 no change (skeletal hands)

Return to “Rules discussion”