Starting wizard (and elf) spells --> roll d30?

For DCC RPG rules discussion. Includes rules questions and ideas, new rules suggestions, homebrews and hacks, conversions to other systems, and everything else rules-related.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Kizarvexius
Ill-Fated Peasant

Starting wizard (and elf) spells --> roll d30?

Post by Kizarvexius »

Because there's no d27 in the dice chain, do we roll a d30, ignoring 28-30?
Or is it implied that it's a d24 +Int modifier.
ragboy
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Re: Starting wizard (and elf) spells --> roll d30?

Post by ragboy »

I always do d24+INT modifier and I move the patron spells (bond, invoke, *patron spell*) to the end. I like to be the arbiter of patron spells. Elves get bond and invoke automatically, so they can roll a d24 and if they end up with enough INT and a lucky roll, maybe they get another patron combination.
AKA Paul Wolfe
The Mystic Bull: Check out our two FREE prehistoric adventures: The Steading of the Nergalites AND The Tribe of Ogg and the Gift of Suss
In the Prison of the Squid Sorcerer (PDF) and softcover: 12 Short Adventures for DCC!
The God-Seed Awakens: 3rd Level Adventure for DCC. New patron, new spells, lots of new monsters and the living weapons of the Empire of Thal!
My Gamer Profile
fym66
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by fym66 »

I do the d30 route. Its quick, dirty, and random, so it's DCC! As Grom commands!
DCCfan
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer
FLGS: The Comics Club

Post by DCCfan »

fym66 wrote:I do the d30 route. Its quick, dirty, and random, so it's DCC! As Grom commands!
D30 in my game for the same reasons.
"When creating your character,choose an ethical system that can justify nearly any fit of temper, greed, cowardice, or vindictiveness, for example, Chaotic Violent..."

THE PROTOCOLS, ADVANCED PROTOCOL #10

Return to “Rules discussion”