Our HOUSERULES: attacks of opportunity, flanking etc.

For DCC RPG rules discussion. Includes rules questions and ideas, new rules suggestions, homebrews and hacks, conversions to other systems, and everything else rules-related.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

maldoror
Ill-Fated Peasant

Our HOUSERULES: attacks of opportunity, flanking etc.

Post by maldoror »

opportunity attacks:when leaving one of the three squares directly in front of an enemy who is not already engaged in a fight with someone else you incur an attack of opportunity. attacks of opportunity take place at a -1 to hit.

flanking: you get a 1+ to hit from any of the 5 squares not directly in front of an opponent who's already fighting someone. a +2 if you're directly across from them in the back. Thieves get +2 and +3 respectively.

equipment: plus bonuses are applied for using equipment the way it was used historically, similar to the bonus for spears in the rule book. example: bucklers get a +1 to AC but no check penalty. they are useless against ranged attacks. "estoc" styled sword that give +1 versus plate mail.
TheNobleDrake
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Re: Our HOUSERULES: attacks of opportunity, flanking etc.

Post by TheNobleDrake »

maldoror wrote:Thieves get +2 and +3 respectively.
Is that in addition to their Backstab bonus by alignment & level, or a replacement for it?
maldoror
Ill-Fated Peasant

Re: Our HOUSERULES: attacks of opportunity, flanking etc.

Post by maldoror »

I guess that wasn't clear, I checked the rules and saw that backstab covered flanking, not just unaware attacks. thief is the only class not represented by the games I've been DMing. it seems like some thieves have heavy bonuses to backstab already. maybe we could just say they have plus ones from any flanking position, but when their modifier comes into play we use that instead. I'm going to have to playtest this one.

Return to “Rules discussion”