Perilous Pantry as a First-level adventure

DCC has inspired many folks to produce their own supplements and adventures for the game. This is the place for discussion of all 3PP products for DCC RPG.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Froggie5
Ill-Fated Peasant
FLGS: mega bite cafe

Perilous Pantry as a First-level adventure

Post by Froggie5 »

Hi All,

I am planning on running Nebin Pendlebrook's Perilous Pantry for some friends in a few weeks as a one-shot first-level adventure and would like a little advice on how best to adapt it. I will most likely have three players, probably running two characters each (keeping the module's opportunity to replenish the ranks). Is this too few? Should I increase the difficulty of the encounters? I will scale the final monster as needed depending on the condition of the party, but don't want it to be a cakewalk up to that point. Any and all advice is most welcome. Thanks
tovokas
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Re: Perilous Pantry as a First-level adventure

Post by tovokas »

I'm guessing 6 first level characters should work just about right as is, especially if you're tweaking the danger level as you go. I would judge how the first fight goes, and adjust all the early encounters accordingly.

The two big battles toward the end is where you'll need to stay on your feet. The final battle in particular revolves around how much time it takes to drop the baddie, since the round by round threat is so dangerous. (It's designed to splatter and reduce a mob of zero's).

For first level characters one option might be to bump up the hit points of the baddie to extend the fight, but reduce the damage of the round by round threat so it's not such a killer.

Hope you have a great time!
Jon Marr
Purple Sorcerer Games
purplesorcerer.com
Froggie5
Ill-Fated Peasant
FLGS: mega bite cafe

Re: Perilous Pantry as a First-level adventure

Post by Froggie5 »

I couldn't have asked for a more definitive answer! Many thanks for the prompt reply and especially for all your good DCC work, adventures and the Crawler's Companion.

Return to “DCC RPG Third Party Publishers”