Squid Sorcerer Sale!

DCC has inspired many folks to produce their own supplements and adventures for the game. This is the place for discussion of all 3PP products for DCC RPG.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

ragboy
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Squid Sorcerer Sale!

Post by ragboy »

Hey guys,

In celebration of Free RPG Day and gaming in general, we are running a sale on the print version of In the Prison of the Squid Sorcerer -- List price is $17. The book will be selling for $12 this week!

So, if you've been interested in a hard copy, jump on over to Lulu and pick up a copy!

http://www.lulu.com/shop/ken-jelinek-an ... 35500.html

Thanks for your support!
AKA Paul Wolfe
The Mystic Bull: Check out our two FREE prehistoric adventures: The Steading of the Nergalites AND The Tribe of Ogg and the Gift of Suss
In the Prison of the Squid Sorcerer (PDF) and softcover: 12 Short Adventures for DCC!
The God-Seed Awakens: 3rd Level Adventure for DCC. New patron, new spells, lots of new monsters and the living weapons of the Empire of Thal!
My Gamer Profile
Skars
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Re: Squid Sorcerer Sale!

Post by Skars »

In case you don't know, this book is full of great one shots and plot hooks for your DCC campaign. For a pickup game at KublaCon, I simply tied a couple of the short modules together and we had an awesome session. I ended up printing out my PDF but, boy this is tempting...
Ravenheart87
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Post by Ravenheart87 »

This is the book I was planning to buy - in pdf. I'll have to think about this offer, it's tempting.
Vorpal Mace: a humble rpg blog with some DCC-related stuff.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Skars wrote:In case you don't know, this book is full of great one shots and plot hooks for your DCC campaign. For a pickup game at KublaCon, I simply tied a couple of the short modules together and we had an awesome session. I ended up printing out my PDF but, boy this is tempting...
Out of curiosity, what did you use?
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
Skars
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Skars »

For that Session I used:

1. The Long Sleep
2. Another Man's Treasure

I didn't notice before, but they were both written by Ken Jelinek. Nice work Ken! I actually used Another Man's treasure as the primary module and used the long sleep in the course of their investigation as to what became of Krogan. The party actually went to Krogan's house the night before they were summoned to meet with him and found his body as detailed. When they came back the next morning at the time they were originally to travel to Krogan's office, they found town watch and the undertaker (from the Long Sleep) removing more than just the one body the party discovered the night before...it turned out to be a great Funnel and there was almost a TPK with the fleshrenders toward the end.

I actually liked the unsavory Krogan enough to use this session as future echoes of my campaign. When the usual party made it to a major town, the first slippery guy willing to provide employment and shelter was none other than Krogan. Now, the players having been involved with both games are wondering if they will become the "other bodies discovered" at some point or when they will hear of Krogan's death... :P fun stuff and it illustrates how easily new plot hooks can be laid together with this great resource.

P.S. the coin found in krogans office ended up in the grubby hands of a dead funnel character in the morgue...to be found by my party at some point I hope :D
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Good choices. AMT is evil in a way that makes me wish I had written it! :twisted:
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
ragboy
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by ragboy »

Badass write up.

It's funny -- I playtested at least the relevant parts of all the encounters in this book before we published, but I've only recently started doing what you describe -- seeding them across my player's noses to see what bites. So far, we have the Long Sleep and the Blood Goddess in play. Trying to work in Mermaids and a couple of others to keep things interesting.

The first "issue" of Pulp Weird Encounters, which features two short adventures that fell out of the Squid Sorcerer book is (hopefully) days away from release...
AKA Paul Wolfe
The Mystic Bull: Check out our two FREE prehistoric adventures: The Steading of the Nergalites AND The Tribe of Ogg and the Gift of Suss
In the Prison of the Squid Sorcerer (PDF) and softcover: 12 Short Adventures for DCC!
The God-Seed Awakens: 3rd Level Adventure for DCC. New patron, new spells, lots of new monsters and the living weapons of the Empire of Thal!
My Gamer Profile

Return to “DCC RPG Third Party Publishers”