Crawl! article test-drive - Make Your Freak Unique!

DCC has inspired many folks to produce their own supplements and adventures for the game. This is the place for discussion of all 3PP products for DCC RPG.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Colin

Crawl! article test-drive - Make Your Freak Unique!

Post by Colin »

Did a quick test-drive of my Mutations article for a future issue of Crawl! and thought I'd share the results. It was inspired by the mutation chart in Sailors, but is heavily expanded.

I decided just to go with a group of six subhuman mutants, and here's what I rolled:

Subhuman Mutant 1
# Mutations:
Mutations: (59) Extra Heads
Rolled two extra heads. Extra head one is located next to the original head, and another roll reveals it's agreeable with the original. Extra head two is located at a random body location, and a roll reveals Torso, Front. I'll interpret that to mean the mutant has an ugly face peering from the middle of its chest. A final roll reveals it's disagreeable with the original head!

You hear several voices in the gloom ahead, but see only one figure, a figure with two heads perched atop its shoulders. The heads seem to be arguing with a third voice, and as the mutant turns, you see a hideous, snarling face peering out from its chest, mouthing obscenities at the two heads above it.

Subhuman Mutant 2
# Mutations:
Mutations: (50) Features, Shrunken and (48) Features, Relocated
Rolling for what's shrunken, turns out its the mouth, a third of its normal size. The mutant has a tiny slit for a mouth and high-pitched squeaky voice as a result. As for what's relocated, a roll reveals it's both ears, and another roll reveals that both are moved to the right arm somewhere. Let's say the shoulder.

A squealing voice betrays the mutant ahead, and at first glance you almost miss the tiny slit that forms their mouth. The sides of the mutant's head are oddly smooth. Earless, you realize, as you then notice the twitching ears atop the foul freak's right shoulder!

Subhuman Mutant 3
# Mutations:
Mutations: (24) Bestial Head VII
Rolling we get a shark's head (can bite for 1d6 damage), silvery scales all over, and the Gills mutation for free. We have a Beastman!

A dull silvery-gray sheen reflects off the skin of the filth-encrusted mutant ahead of you. A sheen that does not reflect at all in the merciless black eyes of its shark-like head! It hurls a spear at you before charging forward, hungry maw agape with rows of gore-encrusted teeth, gills fluttering in its bullish neck!

Subhuman Mutant 4
# Mutations:
Mutations: (36) Cyclopean and (81) Natural Weapons II
So, the mutant's eyes have been replaced by a single large ugly eye (poor depth perception; this mutant sucks at ranged attacks), and a couple rolls reveal that the left hand has been replaced by a twisted, scorpion-like pincer (1d6 damage).

Mouth twisted in rage, its single eye burning with hate, the cyclopean mutant bellows a warcry and lunges forward, intent on snapping your neck or crushing your skull between the massive pincers that form its left hand!

Subhuman Mutant 5
# Mutations:
Mutations: (30) Bestial Mouth, (02) Bestial Armor and (73) Limbs, Missing
A roll tells us that the mutant's mouth has been replaced by an elephant's prehensile trunk, mouth, and tusks (1d5 damage) while the rest of the head remains normal subhuman. Bestial Armor rolls grant the mutant a +3 AC bonus and tell us it has tough, rhino-like hide. Finally, we roll and find that both the mutant's arms are utterly missing! Good job it has that trunk!

Storming forward, the leader of the mutants swings a vicious club from its elephantine trunk, cracked tusks stained, human eyes staring wildly! Gnarled, sagging hide covers its filthy naked form, a form whose only trace of arms are withered, crooked fingers sprouting from its shoulders!
Last edited by Colin on Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Colin

Re: Crawl! article test-drive - Make Your Freak Unique!

Post by Colin »

Anyone fancy rolling a mutant? Give me the results of a d6 roll and a few percentile rolls to save time, and we'll go from there.

Colin

Return to “DCC RPG Third Party Publishers”