Goodman Games

Fan Forums
It is currently Wed May 22, 2019 9:49 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 582 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:35 am 
Offline
Cold-Blooded Diabolist
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:24 pm
Posts: 411
Location: The end of time.
Got mine last night. Where is the cleavage table?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:25 am 
Offline
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:46 pm
Posts: 3436
Location: Left Coast, USA
FLGS: Bizarro World
Karaptis wrote:
Where is the cleavage table?

Wasn't that one of the things that was so, um, momentous it was moved to a later book... :mrgreen:

_________________
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:41 pm 
Offline
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:52 pm
Posts: 1091
GnomeBoy wrote:
Karaptis wrote:
Where is the cleavage table?

Wasn't that one of the things that was so, um, momentous it was moved to a later book... :mrgreen:


Yup. It's still alive and well. Just postponed.

It was painful trying to figure out what was necessary/essential for the first book. The Cleavage Rule was a lot of fun.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:42 pm 
Offline
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:46 pm
Posts: 3436
Location: Left Coast, USA
FLGS: Bizarro World
smathis wrote:
GnomeBoy wrote:
Karaptis wrote:
Where is the cleavage table?

Wasn't that one of the things that was so, um, momentous it was moved to a later book... :mrgreen:


Yup. It's still alive and well. Just postponed.

It was painful trying to figure out what was necessary/essential for the first book. The Cleavage Rule was a lot of fun.

Nice to hear the rule's still breathing.

_________________
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:46 am 
Offline
Ill-Fated Peasant

Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:16 am
Posts: 9
Well I finished reading this bad boy and I must say I cannot wait for more ;)
Consider yourself at two more sales when the next books come out, heck I might even get hard copies.

I am slightly intimidated by the investigation structure but that's just because the idea of it is really smart and new to me, so that is a good thing not a bad thing. Once I give it a few test runs with my more experienced players I'm sure I'll be pumping out adventures for my home group relatively quickly. On the awesome side you provide plenty of tools to help lessen the work which will be really helpful!
From what I can see the systems all work brilliantly together, I love the concepts of Ruin, and the Adversary die and how much they can effect things, it looks like a lot of fun, as do the between adventure charts.
Really looking forward to putting together the first test adventure that I'll run with TA.

That said there are a few rules I'm going to be changing mostly for the sake of personal taste, and staying in line with my DCC house rules my group is familiar with. I figured I should mention them to inspire others a bit, if they are so inclined.

1: For fire arms, I will be changing amounts of damage and instead of squaring the damage dice can "explode" meaning a 4 on a d4 gets added to the total damage and then gets re-rolled. Not changing reload times, but may add an upgrade that allows the player to roll a D6 and on a 1 they reload in half the time or less. Not sure yet I'll play around with what feels awesome.

2: I use Shields will be Broken, so shields provide blocking instead of AC.
I might try something similar with Medium and Heavy armor in the form of Damage Reduction if the party finds it.

3: Drink for good Health, Any time a player drinks they gain 1HD of temp hit points, a -2 to ac, and a +2 to melee damage.
This ability is stack able but is only usable a number of times per adventure equal to level+Stamina mod. They have to be able to afford and carry this liquor though, and will probably have some other penalties after 1 stack though I'll run that on the fly.

That's all I've got for now, I'll post updates or even a mini-review when I have a chance to run a session or two :)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:40 am 
Offline
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Joined: Sat May 26, 2012 8:50 am
Posts: 27
Bought my PDF and have read it over. Doing the first session next weekend. I really enjoyed it (as I thought I would) but I have a few questions:

1) About skills, is a PC considered "trained" (i.e., roll d20 vs. d10) in all the skills in which he has bonuses? Since you write that the classes use their action dice (d20 only at 1st) for skill rolls as well as attacks and other rolls, are they considered "trained" (d20 roll) for any skill check regardless of whether they have bonuses or not?

2) I see multiclassing in the index on page 80 but . . . no multiclassing rules there. Am I missing something?

3) Since I bought the PDF, what would the discount for the POD be? Equal to the value of the PDF (i.e., $12.99) or something else?

4) Why would a PC get a hobby or skill when using upgrades instead of a combat upgrade (I guess if his combat abilities are upgraded to the max)? I don't know any of my players who would get a hobby or skill instead of a combat-related upgrade like increased AC. Languages are something different as my players tend to realize the utility in them, but not many other skills. Yeah, they could be munchkins, but I'm just not seeing the same value in a single hobby vs. an AC upgrade.

5) About combat tactics, does a class gain all those listed in its description automatically at 1st level, or are those the only ones he can buy when upgrading (I assume the former, although you never know) and it doesn't get any automatically?

6) In addition to the two official TATG adventures that have been released so far, which DCCRPG adventures could easily be reskinned as TATG adventures? And would they be for the same level of characters? What would happen if I mixed the elf, dwarf, and halfling classes in with all the TA classes? Would they be too powerful?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:11 am 
Offline
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:52 pm
Posts: 1091
Ragingsystem wrote:
Well I finished reading this bad boy and I must say I cannot wait for more ;)
Consider yourself at two more sales when the next books come out, heck I might even get hard copies.


Thanks.

Ragingsystem wrote:
I am slightly intimidated by the investigation structure but that's just because the idea of it is really smart and new to me, so that is a good thing not a bad thing. Once I give it a few test runs with my more experienced players I'm sure I'll be pumping out adventures for my home group relatively quickly. On the awesome side you provide plenty of tools to help lessen the work which will be really helpful!
From what I can see the systems all work brilliantly together, I love the concepts of Ruin, and the Adversary die and how much they can effect things, it looks like a lot of fun, as do the between adventure charts.
Really looking forward to putting together the first test adventure that I'll run with TA.


The investigation sub-system isn't too bad. Like the between adventures stuff, it pretty much runs itself. When we use it, we're fairly fast and loose with it. I always make sure to try and figure out what the player is intending their action to do and how they are trying to accomplish it. That way it's easier to tell whether they're staking a place out or carousing. Usually it's pretty easy to figure out though. And ultimately it just rolls along as long as benefits/clues are awarded or complications enter the game.

Ragingsystem wrote:
1: For fire arms, I will be changing amounts of damage and instead of squaring the damage dice can "explode" meaning a 4 on a d4 gets added to the total damage and then gets re-rolled. Not changing reload times, but may add an upgrade that allows the player to roll a D6 and on a 1 they reload in half the time or less. Not sure yet I'll play around with what feels awesome.


Funny. In early drafts of TATG, I was using exploding damage. We dropped that in favor of the system in the book. One thing that the TATG firearms damage allows you to do is dramatically lower the damage for, say, Mummies or Swamp Monsters who aren't effected much by bullets. I guess if I were going back to exploding damage I'd have guns only do 1 point of damage against those types of creatures.

Ragingsystem wrote:
2: I use Shields will be Broken, so shields provide blocking instead of AC.
I might try something similar with Medium and Heavy armor in the form of Damage Reduction if the party finds it.


One of the rule enhancements that was pulled out and moved to a later book is in the spirit of Shields Shall Be Broken. It was called Objects Shall Be Misplaced. It's a very thematic hack and worked well in play when it came up. Look for it in upcoming books.

Ragingsystem wrote:
3: Drink for good Health, Any time a player drinks they gain 1HD of temp hit points, a -2 to ac, and a +2 to melee damage.
This ability is stack able but is only usable a number of times per adventure equal to level+Stamina mod. They have to be able to afford and carry this liquor though, and will probably have some other penalties after 1 stack though I'll run that on the fly.


Good old Dutch Courage. Love it.

Ragingsystem wrote:
That's all I've got for now, I'll post updates or even a mini-review when I have a chance to run a session or two :)


Thanks!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:44 am 
Offline
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:52 pm
Posts: 1091
grald_the_hunter wrote:
Bought my PDF and have read it over. Doing the first session next weekend. I really enjoyed it (as I thought I would) but I have a few questions:


Cool. Happy you enjoyed it.

grald_the_hunter wrote:
1) About skills, is a PC considered "trained" (i.e., roll d20 vs. d10) in all the skills in which he has bonuses? Since you write that the classes use their action dice (d20 only at 1st) for skill rolls as well as attacks and other rolls, are they considered "trained" (d20 roll) for any skill check regardless of whether they have bonuses or not?


Ah. I see the confusion. A character is "trained" in any skill in which he has a bonus. Some skills this doesn't matter so much (like Climb). Others it matters a great deal (like "Pick Pocket"). It's unclear because we're very fast and loose with it. A lot of times if a character has an Occupation or a Hobby that kinda sorta matches with a skill check we'll go ahead and roll a d20. It's a little off the cuff but very much in the spirit of DCC.

grald_the_hunter wrote:
2) I see multiclassing in the index on page 80 but . . . no multiclassing rules there. Am I missing something?


It's in a box (that oddly starts on p. 79) titled "But I Want a Hunter Who Can Use That!". That pretty much spells it all out. Multiclassing in a 3-paragraph sidebar. Believe it or not, it works really well. I had characters at gencon that were wildly "multiclassed" (Hunters with kung fu and Exotic weapons, Exotics with an Polymath ability) and no one blinked.

The way the classes are set up abilities can be mixed and matched fairly freely, even at 1st level. Just make sure they pay up either those penalties. Those just add a limit on how much people would cross-pollinate.

grald_the_hunter wrote:
3) Since I bought the PDF, what would the discount for the POD be? Equal to the value of the PDF (i.e., $12.99) or something else?


That's what I'm hoping. I'm still working out the details through Lulu. It's looking like $11 or $12 is the most I can discount though.

grald_the_hunter wrote:
4) Why would a PC get a hobby or skill when using upgrades instead of a combat upgrade (I guess if his combat abilities are upgraded to the max)? I don't know any of my players who would get a hobby or skill instead of a combat-related upgrade like increased AC. Languages are something different as my players tend to realize the utility in them, but not many other skills. Yeah, they could be munchkins, but I'm just not seeing the same value in a single hobby vs. an AC upgrade.


It depends on the game, the player, and the character. I'd say most of the time players are upgrading their class abilities. General upgrades aren't used too much at all (even the AC bump). I've seen Penniless characters upgrade their way out of poverty. Then again, once in a while there will be a player who isn't interested in a combat monster and will just buy up skills like crazy. I mean, a a TATG character could be only 4th level and have like a +14 in Pick Pocket or Disguise. That's as good as a 10th level DCC character. Sometimes players figure they really want a character that does this-one-thing and they go for it.

But most of the time they want a weapon upgrade or to be able to have their class abilities be more effective.

grald_the_hunter wrote:
5) About combat tactics, does a class gain all those listed in its description automatically at 1st level, or are those the only ones he can buy when upgrading (I assume the former, although you never know) and it doesn't get any automatically?


A 1st level class gets all the combat tactics listed with his class at 1st level. These are really just little add-ons that make things more fun for the combat-focused characters. They allow combat to be more than roll-hit-miss for them. A character can get any combat tactic (for which he or she qualifies) with an upgrade.

And, again, that all depends on the focus of the game and player. Combat tactics don't come up much at all. And generally it's been the Reaver that picks them up.

grald_the_hunter wrote:
6) In addition to the two official TATG adventures that have been released so far, which DCCRPG adventures could easily be reskinned as TATG adventures?


Off the top of my head, Doom of the Savage Kings is awesome with DCC RPG. The Black Manse (due out soon?) is as well. Pretty much any DCC RPG adventure fits with TATG. For example, Tower Out of Time becomes a Lost World adventure. Or Portal Under the Stars becomes an archaeological expedition.

I mentioned in another thread how the classes and rules in TATG lend themselves seamlessly to Sword & Sorcery games with DCC RPG. That's true too. So there's that.

grald_the_hunter wrote:
And would they be for the same level of characters?


That's how I've been running it. Sometimes it's a little challenging for the characters. But they usually find a way through.

grald_the_hunter wrote:
What would happen if I mixed the elf, dwarf, and halfling classes in with all the TA classes? Would they be too powerful?


If you wanted to use elves, dwarves, and halflings a few things stand out that might be issues.

(1) I'd consider dropping their Hit Dice down a die type (d6 -> d4, d10 -> d8). Given how TATG characters can heal themselves up and how that would likely be extended to elves, dwarves, and halflings, it might make those DCC RPG characters seem hardier than the TATG ones.

(2) The halfling and the Valiant kind of occupy the same space. I'd probably either say Valiants ARE Halflings or just drop the Valiant and allow the Halfling.

(3) Elves cast magic. I mean, that's not a big deal. But if you're going to allow Elves to cast DCC RPG spells, go ahead and let the Polymath do it too. Otherwise, take the TATG route and have them all use Rituals and Patron Bonds to get access to those flashy DCC RPG spells.

Other than that, I can't think of any major problems mixing and matching. I don't think you'd want to use a Thief with the TATG classes. And a Cleric is right out. But the others should be okay.

I'd strongly suggest bumping down the hit dice, though. It would just offset the advantages DCC RPG classes would get from the rule enhancements in TATG.

I also wouldn't allow DCC RPG classes access to the upgrades the TATG classes get. Or, if I did, they'd get like one every other level or something.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:00 pm 
Offline
Ill-Fated Peasant

Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:16 am
Posts: 9
smathis wrote:
The investigation sub-system isn't too bad. Like the between adventures stuff, it pretty much runs itself. When we use it, we're fairly fast and loose with it. I always make sure to try and figure out what the player is intending their action to do and how they are trying to accomplish it. That way it's easier to tell whether they're staking a place out or carousing. Usually it's pretty easy to figure out though. And ultimately it just rolls along as long as benefits/clues are awarded or complications enter the game.

I wrote up a mini level 0 adventure using it just to test some of the tables and things. I really can't wait to see my players go through it and test TA out :)

smathis wrote:
Funny. In early drafts of TATG, I was using exploding damage. We dropped that in favor of the system in the book. One thing that the TATG firearms damage allows you to do is dramatically lower the damage for, say, Mummies or Swamp Monsters who aren't effected much by bullets. I guess if I were going back to exploding damage I'd have guns only do 1 point of damage against those types of creatures.

Care to elaborate on why this was done? Just curious as I might just use rules as written, I don't want to confuse my players though.
In my dcc home game they acquired a gun or two and I just rolled with exploding dice due to the exciting feel of them. Heck I'd even let them pay 1 luck to force 1 explosion with a roll on the fumble chart or something. I like quirky swingy rules like that though.
In our DCC campaign people fight by the skin of their teeth and just barely escape death. I imagine TA will be the same.

smathis wrote:
One of the rule enhancements that was pulled out and moved to a later book is in the spirit of Shields Shall Be Broken. It was called Objects Shall Be Misplaced. It's a very thematic hack and worked well in play when it came up. Look for it in upcoming books.

Curious about this and can't wait to see it and other rules :)
Very much so excited for the setting book as well! Transylvania is an amazing place and setting.

I'm also planning on watching some of the recommended movies to get a better idea of your inspiration.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:41 am 
Offline
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:52 pm
Posts: 1091
Ragingsystem wrote:
I wrote up a mini level 0 adventure using it just to test some of the tables and things. I really can't wait to see my players go through it and test TA out :)


Cool. Let me know how it goes. I hope you all have a great time.

Ragingsystem wrote:
Care to elaborate on why this was done? Just curious as I might just use rules as written, I don't want to confuse my players though.
In my dcc home game they acquired a gun or two and I just rolled with exploding dice due to the exciting feel of them. Heck I'd even let them pay 1 luck to force 1 explosion with a roll on the fumble chart or something. I like quirky swingy rules like that though.


When I was going through the playtesting of firearms, it sparked a long debate and brainstorm over firearms with my primary playtest group. There are a lot of really smart guys (and gals) in that group. History buffs, engineers, programmers, architects, teachers, etc. I learned way more than I contributed. But my part in the debate was to uphold what would be fun and useful to gameplay. Their part was striving for something that was historically accurate.

Their primary point was that firearms should be cheap and that price shouldn't be the thing that "balances" them with non-gunpowder weapons. Check.

Their secondary point was that firearms were very swingy (especially in this era). Such that one shot could just as easily kill or graze a target. And that (in this era) it had a lot less to do with skill and a whole lot to do with firepower and just good luck (on either side of the trigger).

Truth be told, the squared damage thing wasn't my idea. It was one of the playtester's ideas. It spawned from the question of how we model this swinginess versus how we have a system where firearms don't do hardly any damage at all to some creatures.

And the squared damage was the answer.

Ragingsystem wrote:
In our DCC campaign people fight by the skin of their teeth and just barely escape death. I imagine TA will be the same.


Yup. I'd say it's even moreso in TATG. With the Adversary Die and the options available to help the players survive, there's very little need for a Judge/DM to mind what he's doing to the players. Open the floodgates. Things go very haywire.

Which makes all that in-between adventures stuff very interesting. Juxtaposing the experience the character just had against going back to "real life" and having to deal with a crummy landlord. Lol. That's some fun right there.

Ragingsystem wrote:
Very much so excited for the setting book as well! Transylvania is an amazing place and setting.


The setting and hexmap are coming along well. Transylvania has a very rich history and some intriguing myths/creatures of its own. I'm hoping to mix in some of the real Transylvania alongside the Transylvania we know from pop culture. No doubt that's one of the most heavily researched portions of all three books.

Ragingsystem wrote:
I'm also planning on watching some of the recommended movies to get a better idea of your inspiration.


Cool. I'd start with Horror of Dracula and Brides of Dracula. Then maybe Brotherhood of the Wolf (minus the last 15-20 minutes). And then Curse of Frankenstein.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:41 am 
Offline
Cold-Blooded Diabolist
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:36 am
Posts: 480
Location: N KY / Greater Cincinnati area
FLGS: Gateway Games & More
Scott, I'm one of many (I'd imagine) waiting for the print-on-demand w/ free pdf offer. Any way we can pay for it now so we can dive right into the pdf?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:25 pm 
Offline
Gongfarmer

Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:20 pm
Posts: 2
Is there a higher resolution blank character sheet available for download? The one at the back of the PDF doesn't print very well. Thanks!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:23 am 
Offline
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Joined: Sat May 26, 2012 8:50 am
Posts: 27
Thanks for the answers! Also, I love how my name for the Reaver class saw print!

There was one more thing I meant to ask that I forgot: is there a reason why PCs reroll max hit points at the beginning of every adventure? Seems like a lot of unnecessary rolling for little payback. I can see some interesting emergent gameplay coming from it ("our hardiest guy is sick this week, gotta protect him this time instead of that neurasthenic academician like usual") but it doesn't seem like the extra time spent (and damage to the character sheets) would be worth it.

Also, I want to echo that the character sheet prints poorly - the smaller words are very blurry.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:56 am 
Offline
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:52 am
Posts: 69
Location: Austin, TX
GnomeBoy wrote:
smathis wrote:
The Cleavage Rule was a lot of fun.

Nice to hear the rule's still breathing.


Still heaving.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:04 am 
Offline
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:52 pm
Posts: 1091
Rick wrote:
Scott, I'm one of many (I'd imagine) waiting for the print-on-demand w/ free pdf offer. Any way we can pay for it now so we can dive right into the pdf?


Not yet. But I'm trying to get together a deal for those who've already bought the PDF to get the hardcover for much cheaper. The end result is likely that those who buy the pdf now will wind up paying maybe a $1 more than a PDF/Print bundle. PDF + Print bundle won't be available at RPGNow for at least a few weeks more. Once Lulu has its print versions figured out, I can offer free PDFs to those who buy a hardcover through Lulu.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:13 am 
Offline
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:52 pm
Posts: 1091
Bonemouse wrote:
Is there a higher resolution blank character sheet available for download? The one at the back of the PDF doesn't print very well. Thanks!


I will make one available soon. I don't know what's happening with the character sheet in the PDF. It's the same one I used for GenCon and those turned out well. I think it has something to do with the "optimization" and watermarking RPGNow does with the PDF. :(

I'll dust off my original and make it available through the blog soon. Sorry for the hassle.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:18 am 
Offline
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:52 pm
Posts: 1091
grald_the_hunter wrote:
Thanks for the answers! Also, I love how my name for the Reaver class saw print!

There was one more thing I meant to ask that I forgot: is there a reason why PCs reroll max hit points at the beginning of every adventure? Seems like a lot of unnecessary rolling for little payback. I can see some interesting emergent gameplay coming from it ("our hardiest guy is sick this week, gotta protect him this time instead of that neurasthenic academician like usual") but it doesn't seem like the extra time spent (and damage to the character sheets) would be worth it.

Also, I want to echo that the character sheet prints poorly - the smaller words are very blurry.


Thanks for the Reaver name.

PCs reroll max hit points for a couple of reasons. The first is as you've stated...

Quote:
I can see some interesting emergent gameplay coming from it ("our hardiest guy is sick this week, gotta protect him this time instead of that neurasthenic academician like usual")


The second builds off that and can be found in the In-Between Adventures Tables and the effects of threatened Relationships. So your hardy fighter-type might not just be sick but may be hungover or may have had his heart broken or just had a terrible fight with his wife or girlfriend. Or maybe his kid is sick and he's worried.

It's fine if you don't want to re-roll hit points before adventures. But I'd probably give a character a -1 to all Action Dice rolls for every result that would lower the character's hit points roll by -1 die shift. This doesn't come up a lot in game. But it's good to have a fallback for when it does (if you're not interested in re-rolling hit points).


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:37 am 
Offline
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:52 pm
Posts: 1091
For those who haven't seen it already, I posted a picture of the proof hardcover to the blog. It looks even better than I'd hoped. Doug (Kovacs) is the greatest.

All I'm waiting on now is some direction from Lulu on the topic of discounts or coupons for those who've already bought a PDF. I have dayjob work to do tonight so likely the hardcover is on hold until Thursday or Friday night.

There's also a downloadable character sheet. I'm working on fixing the one in the PDF. That's likely on hold until after the hardcover and softcover are made available. The download is there, though, for those who need a nicer character sheet to print for games.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:53 am 
Offline
Gongfarmer

Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:21 pm
Posts: 2
I just got the pdf last night, and I found that on the first page for the Valiant Class, it lists an ability called "Likeable Fellow", yet on the page that describes the abilities, there is no mention of said ability. Is this a real ability, or was it a leftover from a previous version of the class that got dropped?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:38 pm 
Offline
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:52 pm
Posts: 1091
Ashikaider wrote:
I just got the pdf last night, and I found that on the first page for the Valiant Class, it lists an ability called "Likeable Fellow", yet on the page that describes the abilities, there is no mention of said ability. Is this a real ability, or was it a leftover from a previous version of the class that got dropped?


Hi Ashkaider. Sorry for the confusion. "Likeable Fellow" is an ability from an earlier draft that got dropped. It became redundant when Socialize was added to the skill list. That's basically what it was.

All benefits the Valiant received from it are essentially what the Valiant receives when taking Socialize as a 1st level skill.

Sorry about the mixup.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:28 pm 
Offline
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:52 pm
Posts: 1091
Hard at work again (still...).

Transylvanian Adventures is now available in print. More info over on the blog at:

http://landofphantoms.blogspot.com/2013/12/just-in-time-for-friday-13th.html


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:17 pm 
Offline
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:12 pm
Posts: 22
Typo in Circle of Refuge section. The 2nd tier is 6-11. The third tier is 12-21. But, the fourth tier says 15-24, so there is an overlap


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:03 am 
Offline
Hard-Bitten Adventurer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:40 pm
Posts: 152
Ordered on Lulu.
Is there a mini-adventure/setting in the main book ? (I already have The Winter Home)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:13 am 
Offline
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:52 pm
Posts: 1091
Hoplitenomad wrote:
Typo in Circle of Refuge section. The 2nd tier is 6-11. The third tier is 12-21. But, the fourth tier says 15-24, so there is an overlap


Gah! I'd done so much to eliminate stuff like this. Sad to see this one made it through. Ugh. The correct numbers are 12-18 then 19-24. My bad.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:16 am 
Offline
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:52 pm
Posts: 1091
sheriffharry wrote:
Ordered on Lulu.
Is there a mini-adventure/setting in the main book ? (I already have The Winter Home)


There's a 0-level funnel featuring a few of Dr. Frankenstein's creations. As far as setting, that comes in the second book. A full hex map of Transylvania set up for play at maximum volume and more campaign and setting info than you can shake a stick at.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 582 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group