GenCon - Dungeon Crawl Wednesday!

Forum for all things DCC not covered by other sub-forums, including tournaments, cons, collecting, Aereth, and so on.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

fathead
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Re: GenCon - Dungeon Crawl Wednesday!

Post by fathead »

Just pushing this back up to the top -

Next week is GenCon, so I'm doing a last push for DMs!
Dark Oracle of Gaming
Hamakto
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Hamakto »

Posted in the other thread... :)
Andy
Blood Kings
2007 & 2008 DCC Tourney Champion
fathead
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by fathead »

We could still use extra DMs for overflow tables (if this thread is any measuring stick, we should have a couple extra tables beyond the 5 tables scheduled).

I'll be bringing with me a few DCCs:

DCC # 30.5 Trek from the Vault (continuation of the Vault of the Dragon Kings tournament module)
DCC # 0 Legends are Made, Not Born
DCC # 51.5 The Sinister Secret of Whiterock (tie-in to the soon-to-be Ennie winner Castle Whiterock)
DCC #12.5 The Iron Crypt of the Heretics (I have both the 3.5 edition and the 1E version)

So...any takers? You can run it in 3.5 or 1E...you don't have to run a 4E game. I'm just looking to accomodate all of the players.
Dark Oracle of Gaming
Mouse
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Mouse »

Hi

Could I get a where, what and when summary.

This post is long, and I'm a bit lost.

I'd still like to make it if everything works out. :wink:
fathead
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by fathead »

Mouse wrote: Could I get a where, what and when summary.

Hi Mouse!

This is being held at the Hyatt (not sure what floor...I'll just look up the event when I get there), from 8:00PM-midnight.

Currently, these are the events that we'll be running: Hamakto & Celtar will be running a Dwarven Forge dungeon crawl, Mythfish has offered to run a Dragonmech or something from DCC#29, I'll be running my adventure (the same one that I'll be running for the RAM event earlier on Wednesday and the Judge's game on Friday 8pm-midnight), Aeltrin will be running an RPGA module, Wyrm will either be running my adventure (if I could ever finish it) or the Wizards Free RPG Day module, and Stile hasn't chosen his adventure yet.

There were 5 ticketed tables, so we'll have to take those first, but we'll try to fit in everyone that shows up. Currently, it looks as though we have enough DM volunteers to pull a 6th table, and I'm sure that we can fit in additional players at the other tables.
Dark Oracle of Gaming
Mr. Murlock
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Mr. Murlock »

My compatriots and I are still coming. There will be 5 of us and we should be at the Hyatt right around 7pm. Of course we couldn't get tickets for this event, but we have been posting about it here since the event was first mentioned on this forum. We have been looking forward to this for some time, so we can't wait to get started! I have some WoW and Gears of War art books to hand out to our DM and a few others in attendance, so we have some goodies to give away. :)

Hooray for tomorrow!
Wyrm
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Wyrm »

fathead wrote:
Mouse wrote: Could I get a where, what and when summary.

Hi Mouse!

This is being held at the Hyatt (not sure what floor...I'll just look up the event when I get there), from 8:00PM-midnight.

Currently, these are the events that we'll be running: Hamakto & Celtar will be running a Dwarven Forge dungeon crawl, Mythfish has offered to run a Dragonmech or something from DCC#29, I'll be running my adventure (the same one that I'll be running for the RAM event earlier on Wednesday and the Judge's game on Friday 8pm-midnight), Aeltrin will be running an RPGA module, Wyrm will either be running my adventure (if I could ever finish it) or the Wizards Free RPG Day module, and Stile hasn't chosen his adventure yet.

There were 5 ticketed tables, so we'll have to take those first, but we'll try to fit in everyone that shows up. Currently, it looks as though we have enough DM volunteers to pull a 6th table, and I'm sure that we can fit in additional players at the other tables.
I'm planning on running the WoTC Free RPG Day module called Treasure at Talon Pass. It's a 2nd level adventure, and I have pregens if folks would like to use those, or feel free to use your own PC.
fathead
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by fathead »

Thanks to all of the players that dropped in to game on Wednesday!

...and an extra thanks to all of the GMs that ran a table (right up until a few days before the con, I was worried whether we'd even have enough to field the 5 tables).

Mythfish offered at the last minute (thanks myth...you da man!), and his 3.5 table had the benefit of the actual author running the adventure. The Blood King's dwarven forge maze just looked like a helluva lot of fun (I caught the tail end of that). It was my first time meeting Wyrm and Aeltrin as well - great meeting you both, and thanks a ton for pitching in to make this event happen.

As it was, we still had to turn away several players because we just didn't have the space. Everyone that I spoke with had a good time.
Dark Oracle of Gaming
kenwig
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by kenwig »

Great game Dan! Thanks for running the session. It was way cool to hang out play a fun adventure.
fathead
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by fathead »

kenwig wrote:Great game Dan! Thanks for running the session. It was way cool to hang out play a fun adventure.
Hey, no problem. We'll have to get together with your group sometime when we're down in Berea. We've been itching to have another "Con Yeoman" after we move down there. Consider this your official invite. ;)
Dark Oracle of Gaming
Hamakto
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Hamakto »

Yes,

I would like to add mine and Celtar's thanks for setting up the Wednesday night tourney. We did enjoy ourselves and we used the additional experience of playing 4e in the DCC. As we only got to play 4e twice (as a group) before GC2008. Lucky for us the characters were first level and had powers we practiced with.

It would be interesting to get a DCC Con (game day) in the suburbs of Chicago together for all the teams that are in the area to do a mini tourney. Just something to hold us over until the DCC 2009 tourney!
Andy
Blood Kings
2007 & 2008 DCC Tourney Champion
Hydra lair
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Hydra lair »

kenwig wrote:Great game Dan! Thanks for running the session. It was way cool to hang out play a fun adventure.
I second that. You created fun and imaginative adventure. Also, I thought you did a great job of running a table of eight. You were able to keep the whole group involved in the game, even those that were not able to fit in the boat and stayed on shore.
Hamakto wrote:It would be interesting to get a DCC Con (game day) in the suburbs of Chicago together for all the teams that are in the area to do a mini tourney. Just something to hold us over until the DCC 2009 tourney!

Hey, keep me in mind with that Chicago DCC Con. I don't know where the other guys from my team reside, but I can always fill out a team.
fathead
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by fathead »

Hamakto wrote: I would like to add mine and Celtar's thanks for setting up the Wednesday night tourney. We did enjoy ourselves and we used the additional experience of playing 4e in the DCC. As we only got to play 4e twice (as a group) before GC2008.
Ha. You too, huh? I was the only one from our group that had read the rules beforehand. We had played a 1 hour combat to prep for the tourney...

Oddly enough, I found myself more interested in giving 4E a try after having played in the tournament.
Hamakto wrote: It would be interesting to get a DCC Con (game day) in the suburbs of Chicago together for all the teams that are in the area to do a mini tourney. Just something to hold us over until the DCC 2009 tourney!
Hmmm...we have some friends in Chicago (who game also, of course) that we were talking about visiting. I'd be up for scheduling a day of DCC tournament style adventures.
Dark Oracle of Gaming
fathead
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by fathead »

Hydra lair wrote: I second that. You created fun and imaginative adventure. Also, I thought you did a great job of running a table of eight. You were able to keep the whole group involved in the game, even those that were not able to fit in the boat and stayed on shore.
Yeah...I had only planned the adventure for 6 players...but 2 extra players definitely made that first encounter interesting.
Dark Oracle of Gaming
Wyrm
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Wyrm »

fathead wrote:Thanks to all of the players that dropped in to game on Wednesday!

...and an extra thanks to all of the GMs that ran a table (right up until a few days before the con, I was worried whether we'd even have enough to field the 5 tables).

Mythfish offered at the last minute (thanks myth...you da man!), and his 3.5 table had the benefit of the actual author running the adventure. The Blood King's dwarven forge maze just looked like a helluva lot of fun (I caught the tail end of that). It was my first time meeting Wyrm and Aeltrin as well - great meeting you both, and thanks a ton for pitching in to make this event happen.

As it was, we still had to turn away several players because we just didn't have the space. Everyone that I spoke with had a good time.
Thanks for taking on the unenviable job of organizing the whole thing. I spoke with the Goodman Games guys later and they regretted that they hadn't found the venue. They came to see us, but didn't find the room. They too were appreciative that folks came together to play even before the Con started.
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

I was really bummed we weren't able to find the room (I'm a Gen Con n00b, but no excuse next year). I'm going to try wrangling some folks to run games. It is too cool of an evening not to join in.

//H
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
fathead
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by fathead »

Harley Stroh wrote:I was really bummed we weren't able to find the room (I'm a Gen Con n00b, but no excuse next year).
Yeah...it took me a bit to find it myself (it was the first time I've been in that room).
Harley Stroh wrote: I'm going to try wrangling some folks to run games. It is too cool of an evening not to join in.
That would be pretty cool. We definitely weren't short on players.
Dark Oracle of Gaming

Return to “Dungeon Crawl Classics - General”