Sellwords of Punjar questions

For discussion of DCC modules published for D&D 4E.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Belares
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Sellwords of Punjar questions

Post by Belares »

Well at this time I have 2 questions...maybe more later as we run through it.

1. I noticed in the Beggar bazzar room there is a masterwork thieves tools. I cannot find them in the books so are they really more special than normal tools?

2. How much do you think a wine/waterskin can hold of quaffs of healing potions? I mean maybe like 3 potions of healing or 5? I am just curious what you thought. We were thinking 5 doses/quaffs.
JediOre
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Re: Sellwords of Punjar questions

Post by JediOre »

Belares, assuming you’re using the 4th edition rule set, of which I'm not familiar with; you may find another poster with more accurate information.

That said, I'd suggest you give the thieves’ tools a +1 or 5% modifier to whoever is using the tools. In essence, grant a minor bonus for such quality tools. You know, these tools are Craftsman! :)

I think five doses works fine. I might even go as high as ten, since I've always envisioned a potion to be roughly a small beaker or test tube amount of liquid, just enough to swallow in the heat of combat without spilling it all down the front of the PC.
Belares
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Belares »

Yes, Jediore I was thinking on the same lines just wanted some feedback.

BTW Harley my Goliath fighter wanted to thank you personally for the Huge white wolf cloak of resistance +2. Coming from a tribal background in the The Pearl Spires he was afraid of becoming citified. Now he wears his cloak with pride and thinks he is big mountain man on campus!
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

Ha! That's a great story, Belares. I'll be sure to insert some more barbarian goodness in upcoming DCCs.

//H
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
Belares
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Belares »

BTW Harley, I noticed later in the module that the assassians stuff on the skiff had a set of Masterwork Thieves tools and you gave a total of +3. So that answered my question up top. I did come across in a treasure hoard a tapestry and a emerald with no values listed. I was going to go with 40gp and 400 respectivly unless you know something i don't hehe.

Return to “DCC Modules - 4E”