1st Level Adventure

For discussion of DCC modules published for D&D 4E.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Syffin
Far-Sighted Wanderer

1st Level Adventure

Post by Syffin »

I am looking for a suggestion on which of the first level 4e adventures to run my group through. I have already ran Sellswords for part of the group so I was trying to decide between DCC 54 and DCC 55. Both of them sound good, so I can't decide.

Has anybody played/read through either or both of these modules and give me some pointers on what you liked or didn't like?

As an aside, some of the players of this group will be brand new so if one seemed better for new players I would probably lean in that direction.

Thanks for any help.
xredjasonx
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Re: 1st Level Adventure

Post by xredjasonx »

If you want a really fun 1st level adventure I recommend DCC #59, Mists of Madness. And it's only $2 to boot!

If you want a good, solid dungeon crawl then get Forges of the Mountain King. I had a lot of fun running that for my group, and it has it's very challenging moments. The only thing is that you'll need to expand the map a bit.
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

Thanks for the recommend, Red. I'm worried about area S-6, though. That could toast a party of new players if it isn't dialed back from 11. (Can you hear the designer regret in my post? :twisted: )

//H
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
xredjasonx
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by xredjasonx »

The one that stands out to me was in Forges, area 1-3, with the 2 level 8 Zombie Hulks. That was a fun encounter. Well, for me, because I was behind the screen. :twisted:
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

Heh. Yeah, that one, too. >:)

//H
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
Jengenritz
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer

Post by Jengenritz »

Syffin, the first thing you should think about is what kind of game you want to run.

Forges is a pretty classic dungeon crawl, Isle is more open-ended island exploration.

If your group might favor one over the other, think in that direction.
Co-Author: The Almanac of the Endless Traders, DCC #13, DCC #29, DCC #49, DCC #51, DCC #52, DCC #63

Author: DCC #55: Isle of the Sea Drake, DCC #61: Citadel of the Corruptor, more to come....

Return to “DCC Modules - 4E”