Is there a DCC Spellbook?

If it doesn't fit into a category above, then inscribe it here, O Mighty One...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Cameron
Gongfarmer
FLGS: Victory Comics

Is there a DCC Spellbook?

Post by Cameron »

Is there a DCC spellbook? By this I mean a copy of just the wizard or cleric spell pages of the rule book ? If not it would be enormously helpful to publish something like this. I'm sure every player who plays a spell caster would buy one. And as a DM I would buy one so I could pass it around to the players so they'd stop stealing my DCC core rule book lol
Last edited by Cameron on Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
finarvyn
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: Fair Game, Downers Grove IL

Re: Is there a DCC Spellbook?

Post by finarvyn »

Some of us have been hoping for such a product for a very long time, dating back to the origin of the DCC RPG. The response we get from most posters is something along the lines of "just take the PDF and copy-paste into Word" but to me that's a lot of formatting. I'd love to see a spellbook with one spell per page, three-hole punched and in a special notebook. On nifty parchment paper. 8)
Marv / Finarvyn
DCC Minister of Propaganda; Deputized 6/8/11 (over 11 years of SPAM bustin'!)
DCC RPG playtester 2011, DCC Lankhmar trivia contest winner 2015; OD&D player since 1975

"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs, He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own."
-- Gary Gygax
"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
-- Dave Arneson
"Misinterpreting the rules is a shared memory for many of us"
-- Joseph Goodman
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Post by Raven_Crowking »

The Sorcerer's Grimoire at Purple Sorcerer should cover your needs for individual wizards, elves, and clerics very nicely. It formats to one page per spell, contains a bunch of third party patrons for your Invoke Patrons, patron spells, etc., and just generally covers everything you might need.

It's on the drop-down menu for "Tools".

https://purplesorcerer.com/
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
Cameron
Gongfarmer
FLGS: Victory Comics

Post by Cameron »

Raven_Crowking - Thanks much for that tip. That's an awesome tool! I'd still buy a wicked looking leather bound spell book if Goodman Games published one!
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Cameron wrote:Raven_Crowking - Thanks much for that tip. That's an awesome tool! I'd still buy a wicked looking leather bound spell book if Goodman Games published one!
Jon Marr is so awesome he makes the rest of us look like 0-level gong farmers!
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
l'amour
Ill-Fated Peasant
FLGS: Wargames Emporium / Patriot Games / Treehouse Cafe

Post by l'amour »

The Purple Wizard app is great but I would definitely buy a printed set - 1 volume for cleric spells and 1 volume for wizard spells. That be an autobuy for me.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

l'amour wrote:The Purple Wizard app is great but I would definitely buy a printed set - 1 volume for cleric spells and 1 volume for wizard spells. That be an autobuy for me.
I get that.

In fact, a series of volumes of the core book:

(1) Everything up to spells
(2) Spells
(3) Judge section

would be an autobuy for me too. Especially if it included any expanded content from various adventures in terms of spells, creatures, patrons, etc.
SoBH pbp:

Judge.Jeffers
Far-Sighted Wanderer
FLGS: The Round Table

Post by Judge.Jeffers »

I ended up making those at home, not the best but still.
I made a wizard spellbook cleric spellbook and a book for each class and race everything that my players need. Also a crawl fanzine book will any info from them I found near.

Return to “DCC RPG General”