DCC #67 possible logic issue

If it doesn't fit into a category above, then inscribe it here, O Mighty One...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

TPKCounter
Ill-Fated Peasant
FLGS: Imperium Games

DCC #67 possible logic issue

Post by TPKCounter »

Love the funnel! Quick question regarding the excellent work by Harley Stroh.

Throughout the adventure there are runes requiring DC checks to read/decipher. However on Pg 7 describing the Charnel Ruins we are to read aloud:

..."a single word drawn in flaking red paint: REPENT"

My understanding is most heroes cannot read. Therefore I am changing it to a symbol from the local religion, meaning REPENT!. But I was hoping to get some other thoughts on this.

Thanks!
l'amour
Ill-Fated Peasant
FLGS: Wargames Emporium / Patriot Games / Treehouse Cafe

Re: DCC #67 possible logic issue

Post by l'amour »

I believe the characters are literate unless they have intelligence score of 5 or lower (or for some other roleplay reason I suppose). No reason you can't change it to suit your idea of the world though.
Fenris Ulfhamr
Cold-Blooded Diabolist
FLGS: -

Post by Fenris Ulfhamr »

l'amour wrote:I believe the characters are literate unless they have intelligence score of 5 or lower (or for some other roleplay reason I suppose). No reason you can't change it to suit your idea of the world though.
This is actually stated in the book, as is the clause about changing it!

Black Kylessa (c) LV 2 Wizard (orphan)
Str7/8 (-1) Agi17(+2) Sta9(0) Per6(-1) Int15(+1) Luc15(+1) AC13 (padded armor, fumble d8) HP7 Sling+2 (1d4-1) or dagger+/-1 (1d4-1) Spd30 Init+2 R+3 F0 W0 Ragdoll (Mara), Pony, 48cp 602gp Common, Chaos, Halfling, Dwarven
Animal Summoning 64 Wealful/Woeful magic (erupts from the earth),Charm Person 83 Blue Star (black beam), Runic Alphabet, Mortal 43 no change, Spider Climb 53 no change (six extra eyes),Magic Missle 94 Fine Control (meteors),Chill Touch 50 no change (skeletal hands)
TPKCounter
Ill-Fated Peasant
FLGS: Imperium Games

Post by TPKCounter »

Fenris Ulfhamr wrote:
l'amour wrote:I believe the characters are literate unless they have intelligence score of 5 or lower (or for some other roleplay reason I suppose). No reason you can't change it to suit your idea of the world though.
This is actually stated in the book, as is the clause about changing it!

Rodger that. I will have to re-read that section.

Thanks!

Return to “DCC RPG General”