DCC Stonehell at Conventions

If it doesn't fit into a category above, then inscribe it here, O Mighty One...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Weird Dave
Gongfarmer
FLGS: The Source

DCC Stonehell at Conventions

Post by Weird Dave »

Hey everyone! I've been a big fan of the DCC RPG system for a few years now, and I've decided to jump into the Judge's pool feet first. At GenCon and Gamehole Con this year I'll be running sessions of Michael Curtis' Stonehell Dungeon for DCC RPG. Each session will be 2 hours long and involve random 1st level DCC characters, along with miniatures and Dwarven Forge dungeon tiles. A note on that - after a few years of trial and error with other games, I've decided to use the terrain sans walls, so it's just the floor pieces. Makes it easier to see and game with, along with not requiring me to set it all up beforehand.

The setup is pretty straightforward - the adventuring company known as the Band of Glory has decided to send teams into the legendary Stonehell Dungeon on quests of gold, glory, and greatness! Each 2 hour session features a singular goal the party must accomplish. Some of them are as simple as finding a specific foe and defeating them, others require finding a specific piece of treasure, while others are to place objects in known locations. I wanted to make it as replayable as possible, and my overall goal is to delve deeper into Stonehell each year. I'm running Halls of Hell, the first level, at GenCon and Gamehole Con this year, and if that goes well I'll be diving into Asylum of Madness next year.

I'd like to have some custom swag for the players as well. Any suggestions on cool things? Dice are an easy go-to, but I was also thinking of badge swag. Maybe pins? Those seem popular at GenCon at least.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Re: DCC Stonehell at Conventions

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Welcome to the fold!

First off, make sure that you order swag kits (which are free) from the Goodman Games online store!

Secondly, anything unique and cool you decide to make available will be cool. And unique. Some people have made trophies, I understand, by using dollar store items, action figures, and paint. I've given away extras of products that were given to me by the authors or publishers. One year at a store game, I sprang for $100 divided into three gift certificates, and then ran a tournament with $50 for first place, $30 for second, and $20 for third.

It doesn't really matter what form the custom swag takes. It's custom swag. It will be cool.
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
Sumiron
Gongfarmer

Post by Sumiron »

These dice looks cool !! want to buy them
Are there any discount on them? :D,
:D
Zenmaster
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Zenmaster »

Weird Dave wrote:Hey everyone! I've been a big fan of the DCC RPG system for a few years now, and I've decided to jump into the Judge's pool feet first. At GenCon and Gamehole Con this year I'll be running sessions of Michael Curtis' Stonehell Dungeon for DCC RPG.
Hey Dave, this sounded like fun! Living overseas, I could not join in, but wish I could have.

How did it run?

I am replying here, because I have been looking seriously at running Stonehell (or parts) using DCCRPG, which is all I play now. How are you converting it? I have never played Labyrinth Lord, so I don't know of any conversion charts or templates I could use to help convert it. Any advice would be appreciated.
-- I am doing my part and voting with my wallet. I've purchased every Goodman Games and 3rd Party Publisher DCC publication to this point. Been worth every penny so far!

Return to “DCC RPG General”