New dice Kickstarter from Impact! Miniatures

If it doesn't fit into a category above, then inscribe it here, O Mighty One...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Magic
Far-Sighted Wanderer

New dice Kickstarter from Impact! Miniatures

Post by Magic »

Hi there,

Impact! Miniatures (partner of Goodman Games for their funky dice) is launching a new Kickstarter to add D17, D19, D26 (dice that I designed) and also D28 to complete two dice chains:
- all dice from D3 to D20
- all even dice from D4 to D30
This could open new mechanics in any RPG game.
DOUS.jpg
DOUS.jpg (109.13 KiB) Viewed 13501 times
[/url]
The Kickstarter is already funded and the two first stretch goals reached (there is now a true D3) but a lot of stretch goals are still to come.
What do you think?
pinatafullofd4s
Gongfarmer
FLGS: The Vorpal Gnome

Re: New dice Kickstarter from Impact! Miniatures

Post by pinatafullofd4s »

Backed it earlier this week. I'm not sure what games use the other dice, but when they come out, I'll be ready.
impactminiatures
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by impactminiatures »

pinatafullofd4s wrote:Backed it earlier this week. I'm not sure what games use the other dice, but when they come out, I'll be ready.
Freeblades uses a dice chain in their game. I've had other companies tell me that once the chain is available they would look into using it for the rules design. I am really hoping this 4 year project opens up some new types of RPG games in the future.
Darwin00uk
Ill-Fated Peasant
FLGS: Clifton Road Games

Post by Darwin00uk »

Does that mean we'll need more dice to play DCC in the future? I was thinking 14 was probably enough, works well.
thogard
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by thogard »

Darwin00uk wrote:Does that mean we'll need more dice to play DCC in the future? I was thinking 14 was probably enough, works well.
You never _need_ more dice. You could run the entire game with one d6 (or a coin flip) if you put effort into it. A well set up dice chain (as opposed to roll and add bonuses) lets you regularly increase the chance of success without eliminating the chance of failure.

I'm happy there are new dice to collect.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Post by Raven_Crowking »

I am getting the new dice (I will find uses for them), but they will not modify the Dice Chain in my games.
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
Magic
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Magic »

Hi there,

Less than 48 hours to go with this Kickstarter.

Cotton Candy Sorbet and Silver Glitter colors were unlocked. The Alphabet D26 too.

Still two stretch goals can be reached: 2% more dollars for every pleges if we share more then 100 times this Facebook post and Dark Grey color if the pledges reach $45,500.

Let's do it!
Attachments
Stretch goals
Stretch goals
CottonCandySorbet.-small.jpg (151.28 KiB) Viewed 13296 times

Return to “DCC RPG General”