Gen Con questions

If it doesn't fit into a category above, then inscribe it here, O Mighty One...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

mutazoid
Wild-Eyed Zealot
FLGS: Comic Connection

Gen Con questions

Post by mutazoid »

I was at last years GenCon. This year my friend backed out so I also backed out but now Im tempted to say F it and use some airmiles I have to go for Thursday and Friday but I was just wondering is there any cool stuff happening Thursday and Friday? Tell me all the coolness please. I know the DCC community is awesome and that might be enough for me to go.
Im also trying to see if its worth buying tickets for both days or just one and the other I can hangout in the hotel lobbys running games or seeing if anyone wants to play board games.

(Id be willing to judge a game of Sailors... Ill be coming in from a suburb of Toronto then Saturday Ill probably go to NYC to see a friend and see what cool stuff happens there)
soulcatcher78
Wild-Eyed Zealot
FLGS: Game Knight

Re: Gen Con questions

Post by soulcatcher78 »

DCC tournament running Thursday and Friday morning (currently shows sold out but show up with generics and maybe get in). There's a gong involved...need I say more?

If nothing else show up with dice in hand and see what's happening. As much as I'd like to believe no one would miss a ticketed event, history (and hangovers) prove that it happens and someone will need to fill those seats.

Will Call is open 24 hours starting at noon on Wed. If you can get there EARLY (like 7 AM) on Thursday morning you can probably shoot right through. Any time later than that you will be waiting a while.

Welcome to the Gen Con tribe!
The Disgruntled Poet
Far-Sighted Wanderer
FLGS: Tower Games

Post by The Disgruntled Poet »

mutazoid wrote:I was at last years GenCon. This year my friend backed out so I also backed out but now Im tempted to say F it and use some airmiles I have to go for Thursday and Friday but I was just wondering is there any cool stuff happening Thursday and Friday? Tell me all the coolness please. I know the DCC community is awesome and that might be enough for me to go.
Im also trying to see if its worth buying tickets for both days or just one and the other I can hangout in the hotel lobbys running games or seeing if anyone wants to play board games.

(Id be willing to judge a game of Sailors... Ill be coming in from a suburb of Toronto then Saturday Ill probably go to NYC to see a friend and see what cool stuff happens there)
There will be some open invite DougCon games going Thursday, Friday and Saturday night I believe at the Embassy Suites. These are crazy games with 10+ tables coordinated by many Judges with Doug Kovacs overseeing the entire production. Definitely worth checking out! You can follow some of that on the DCC RPG G+ if you want.. and there is a DCC Con talk G+ group too.
mutazoid
Wild-Eyed Zealot
FLGS: Comic Connection

Post by mutazoid »

Very interesting :)
Ill keep an ear out.
I think he would be a cool DM with all the cool stuff he draws must be a lot of interesting things rattling inside that noggin ;)
sniderman
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by sniderman »

Hopefully you have GenCon tix already since the con has been sold out for all days it run. Yes, seriously, Gen Con is sold out this year, so walk-ups will be turned away.

EDIT: Looks like they have a limited number of Friday badges available, but that's it.

http://www.gencon.com/
peteralan
Gongfarmer
FLGS: waz

Post by peteralan »

There will be some open invite DougCon games going Thursday, Friday and Saturday night I believe at the Embassy Suites. These are crazy games with 10+ tables coordinated by many Judges with Doug Kovacs overseeing the entire production. Definitely worth checking out! You can follow some of that on the DCC RPG G+ if you want.. and there is a DCC Con talk G+ group too.
fritsk
Far-Sighted Wanderer
FLGS: Speldorado

Post by fritsk »

Has the "what's new at Goodman Games" gencon2017 seminar been posted on youtube yet? I can't seem to find it.
fritsk
Far-Sighted Wanderer
FLGS: Speldorado

Post by fritsk »

fritsk wrote:Has the "what's new at Goodman Games" gencon2017 seminar been posted on youtube yet? I can't seem to find it.
And MudpuppyComics just posted the video. Yay!

Return to “DCC RPG General”