Print version importance

If it doesn't fit into a category above, then inscribe it here, O Mighty One...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

soulcatcher78
Wild-Eyed Zealot
FLGS: Game Knight

Print version importance

Post by soulcatcher78 »

Is there a significant difference in the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th printing of the rule book? Information I've seen so far is that the first printing did not include an index but other than typo corrections and some minor errata is there a concern with picking up earlier versions to use as spares at the table?

Sorry to be spamming the boards lately but I've got the bug and am filled with questions :)
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Re: Print version importance

Post by Raven_Crowking »

soulcatcher78 wrote:Is there a significant difference in the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th printing of the rule book? Information I've seen so far is that the first printing did not include an index but other than typo corrections and some minor errata is there a concern with picking up earlier versions to use as spares at the table?

Sorry to be spamming the boards lately but I've got the bug and am filled with questions :)
I use all the books I own without problem. There are minor typos and clarifications. I think that there was one spell in the 1st print that is missing some spell results...? I haven't run into any problems, anyway.
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
soulcatcher78
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by soulcatcher78 »

Raven_Crowking wrote:
soulcatcher78 wrote:Is there a significant difference in the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th printing of the rule book? Information I've seen so far is that the first printing did not include an index but other than typo corrections and some minor errata is there a concern with picking up earlier versions to use as spares at the table?

I use all the books I own without problem. There are minor typos and clarifications. I think that there was one spell in the 1st print that is missing some spell results...? I haven't run into any problems, anyway.
Great!

Thank you.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

My pleasure.
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
tovokas
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by tovokas »

They all 'work' fantastically, but the fourth printing does have quite a few additional pieces of art. (Adding to the absurd amount of cool images in the other printings).
Jon Marr
Purple Sorcerer Games
purplesorcerer.com
soulcatcher78
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by soulcatcher78 »

I've picked up a couple 4th prints (shelf and work copies) and the PDF but I'm seeing what I think are 1st prints on ebay for $29.99 (given the item number listed anyway) that would work as table copies. With so many charts and options I'd rather have player copies as needed that if they get finger printed, hi lighted, or spilled on I'm not going to freak out. The price keeps the barrier of entry low and cuts down on the (potential) piles of paper getting lost, etc.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Have you considered getting Ready References as table copies? I bought one for each of my players, but there is a free print-your-own option if you want to go that route.

http://dcctreasures.blogspot.ca/2016/12 ... oklet.html
SoBH pbp:

soulcatcher78
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by soulcatcher78 »

Raven_Crowking wrote:Have you considered getting Ready References as table copies? I bought one for each of my players, but there is a free print-your-own option if you want to go that route.

http://dcctreasures.blogspot.ca/2016/12 ... oklet.html
Sweet! Thanks for sharing that.

It's a definite time saver.

Return to “DCC RPG General”