Ran my first adventure

If it doesn't fit into a category above, then inscribe it here, O Mighty One...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Ozerulz
Wild-Eyed Zealot
FLGS: Gamers Haven

Ran my first adventure

Post by Ozerulz »

wrote my own funnel adventure to start a campaign of DCC for the family. I'd like to say with pride I did good. They promptly went around the house making sure all the doors and windows were shut and locked 15 min into the adventure.
tovokas
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Re: Ran my first adventure

Post by tovokas »

Congrats on your first session: can't think of any better evidence that you did good!
Jon Marr
Purple Sorcerer Games
purplesorcerer.com
soulcatcher78
Wild-Eyed Zealot
FLGS: Game Knight

Post by soulcatcher78 »

Ozerulz wrote:wrote my own funnel adventure to start a campaign of DCC for the family. I'd like to say with pride I did good. They promptly went around the house making sure all the doors and windows were shut and locked 15 min into the adventure.
Sounds like you have elicited a response, lol. This is always a good thing!

Congratulations on your first run.
Ozerulz
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Ozerulz »

Session 2 went well. I intend to use the funnel I wrote to hold several DCC events here in COS to try and spread the game locally. I really like how most people haven't memorized everything about the game so you can have an "old school" atmosphere game where everything is new. Play testing the funnel brought about some very interesting turn of events that had a big effect on the players. The main NPC of the funnel was incapacitated during the final battle and the 0 level players were left to fight for themselves without any help. There were some great Crit's rolled and some amazing fumbles that played well into the character's developments. This summer I will try and run three events locally to build a local base.
brujoloco
Far-Sighted Wanderer
FLGS: FRPGames

Post by brujoloco »

Ozerulz wrote:Session 2 went well. I intend to use the funnel I wrote to hold several DCC events here in COS to try and spread the game locally. .

A quick question, how many funnels to reach level 1 in your experience? two/three? I have only ran funnels for different groups so far.
soulcatcher78
Wild-Eyed Zealot
FLGS: Game Knight

Post by soulcatcher78 »

brujoloco wrote:
Ozerulz wrote:Session 2 went well. I intend to use the funnel I wrote to hold several DCC events here in COS to try and spread the game locally. .

A quick question, how many funnels to reach level 1 in your experience? two/three? I have only ran funnels for different groups so far.
Depends on the number of survived encounters and how you want to run your game. If you have enough encounters (5-6) in a funnel you could theoretically level the PCs inside the funnel (some funnels are designed with this in mind due to the difficulty of the final encounter). If on the other hand your players are doing their best NOT to survive (either with poor rolls or mistakes) you might need to run another funnel to get them there.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Post by Raven_Crowking »

brujoloco wrote:A quick question, how many funnels to reach level 1 in your experience? two/three? I have only ran funnels for different groups so far.
I let PCs level as soon as they reach 10 XP, which is usually during the funnel.
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
Ozerulz
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Ozerulz »

Ill fated peasant- I designed my funnel to act in two parts. Any 0 level character surviving both would automatically move on to first level. I like the funnel concept and so do my current players but after a couple nights play as peasants they're ready to move on and see what they can do with player classes.
We also started with a large group of peasants,45, and whittled down from there. Some survivors are left in the basecamp town so that in future should there be more casualties the players have other characters to come back to and bring back into play.

Return to “DCC RPG General”