DCC Mags

If it doesn't fit into a category above, then inscribe it here, O Mighty One...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

bighara
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

DCC Mags

Post by bighara »

OK people. If you could recommend only ONE mag for DCC goodness, which would it be?
"Bighara RULES!" -Ogrepuppy

"Well, that's just genius." :D -GnomeBoy
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Re: DCC Mags

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Recently?

D.A.M.N.!

(But I wrote three pieces for the current issue)
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
bighara
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by bighara »

Raven_Crowking wrote:Recently?

D.A.M.N.!

You miserable shill, you. :wink:

Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

bighara wrote:
Raven_Crowking wrote:Recently?

D.A.M.N.!

You miserable shill, you. :wink:
I'm not miserable!

Seriously, though, it matters what you want. There is a ton of good material in Crawl! (but they published me, too). There is a ton of good material in Crawling Under a Broken Moon (which published one monster I wrote, and is also mostly setting-specific). Crawljammer is setting-specific, and contains nothing that I wrote...unless you count The Weird Worm-Ways of Saturn and Vault of Ash. Metal Gods of Ur-Hadad has material you can strip the setting material from.....but will eventually see something I wrote published.

Dungeon Lord has a few issues out, and is so far Daniel J. Bishop free. I guess they made their Fort save. For now.

The Phlogiston Books has a single issue out. It is also Daniel J. Bishop free. I certainly enjoyed reading it, though!
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
bighara
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by bighara »

I am, of course, kidding.

Mostly I am looking for fun/inspirational content to help me with fairly standard fantasy-based DCC games.

That's not to say the occasional robot couldn't make an appearance. ;)

Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

I forgot to mention The Gongfarmer's Almanac, which, being free in pdf on RPG Now, should belong to everyone!

http://dcctreasures.blogspot.ca/

The above link will take you to a blog where you can find every issue of Crawl, Crawling Under a Broken Moon, and Crawljammer described. The Winter Issue of D.A.M.N. has more content than its initial pdf-only release, and needs an updated listing (EDIT: Never mind; I see that I've already done this). Still working my way through the "G"s.

At the risk of being more self-serving than normal, the 4th volume of Dispatches has just hit the virtual shelves.
SoBH pbp:

bighara
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by bighara »

Raven_Crowking wrote:I forgot to mention The Gongfarmer's Almanac, which, being free in pdf on RPG Now, should belong to everyone!

http://dcctreasures.blogspot.ca/

The above link will take you to a blog where you can find every issue of Crawl, Crawling Under a Broken Moon, and Crawljammer described. The Winter Issue of D.A.M.N. has more content than its initial pdf-only release, and needs an updated listing (EDIT: Never mind; I see that I've already done this). Still working my way through the "G"s.

At the risk of being more self-serving than normal, the 4th volume of Dispatches has just hit the virtual shelves.
I picked up DAMN #1 and I'll check out Gongfarmers' as well. Thanks!

Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

bighara wrote:I picked up DAMN #1 and I'll check out Gongfarmers' as well. Thanks!
Any time!

There is no DCC product available at this time, to my knowledge, that I do not own....EXCEPT Caveira Velha #0.....so I can answer questions about most of them.

Anyone who can get me in touch with the creators of Caveira Velha would earn my gratitude, and a +1d bonus on the dice chain when invoking me as a patron.

http://dcctreasures.blogspot.ca/2016/09 ... lha-0.html
SoBH pbp:

brujoloco
Far-Sighted Wanderer
FLGS: FRPGames

Post by brujoloco »

Raven_Crowking wrote:
bighara wrote:I picked up DAMN #1 and I'll check out Gongfarmers' as well. Thanks!
Any time!

There is no DCC product available at this time, to my knowledge, that I do not own....EXCEPT Caveira Velha #0.....so I can answer questions about most of them.
Oh, one question, what you need to do to write and submit stuff to those zines? never wrote for one but would love to share some of my stuff to them if they want it. :mrgreen:
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Post by GnomeBoy »

brujoloco wrote:Oh, one question, what you need to do to write and submit stuff to those zines? never wrote for one but would love to share some of my stuff to them if they want it. :mrgreen:
Send your ideas to the zine(s) that interests you... they'll let you know if they can use the idea, how soon, etc.
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham

Return to “DCC RPG General”