The next GG kickstarter?

If it doesn't fit into a category above, then inscribe it here, O Mighty One...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

fireinthedust
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

The next GG kickstarter?

Post by fireinthedust »

I got my 4th printing delivered, very cool, BUT now I have no reason to stroll down to the mailbox other than junk mail. SO! What do I have to look forward to now????

What are the thoughts on the next kickstarter? I'm thinking that I'd like to complete my module collection, but I'm not sure they're all in print. Chained Coffin looks great, and Purple Planet, and the beneath Aereth looks sweet.

Or are there any solid OSR kickstarters coming? Or 3pp DCC/OSR publishers?
Mofte
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Re: The next GG kickstarter?

Post by Mofte »

Dumnbunny
Far-Sighted Wanderer
FLGS: Kapow Comics, Cards and Games

Post by Dumnbunny »

Man, I'm going to go big on this one. I love DCC, and I've loved Lankhmar since I was a kid, more than 30 years ago. This is a no-brainer.
narpet
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by narpet »

This is one I would back in a second as well. Very excited.
fireinthedust
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by fireinthedust »

Mofte wrote:You may not have to wait too long: http://goodman-games.com/blog/2016/12/2 ... ming-soon/
But is it a kickstarter, or just DCC with Lankhmar going into the store?
Mofte
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Mofte »

Ah, I see, the article isn't clear about it. It has been stated various times that there'll be a KS for Lankhmar.
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Post by GnomeBoy »

We may know something once the dust from the 4th Printing has cleared.
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
finarvyn
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: Fair Game, Downers Grove IL

Post by finarvyn »

Everything that I've heard points to kickstarter. I know that the base rules have been in good shape for a while and I suspect that the extras are underway. Goodman Games seems to like to have a lot of the work done prior to the announcement of a kickstart, which is probably why they are so good at delivering. (Unlike some companies who kickstart and vanish. :? )
Marv / Finarvyn
DCC Minister of Propaganda; Deputized 6/8/11 (over 11 years of SPAM bustin'!)
DCC RPG playtester 2011, DCC Lankhmar trivia contest winner 2015; OD&D player since 1975

"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs, He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own."
-- Gary Gygax
"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
-- Dave Arneson
"Misinterpreting the rules is a shared memory for many of us"
-- Joseph Goodman
Rick
Cold-Blooded Diabolist
FLGS: Gateway Games & More

Post by Rick »

From Update #56 of the DCCRPG 4th Printing KS (dated 3/10/17) -

DCC Lankhmar. Goodman Games has a license from the estate of Fritz Leiber to produce official Lankhmar products. If you’ve been on the con circuit you’ll know we’ve been playtesting these rules for the last two years. This Kickstarter will (finally) launch very soon.
catseye yellow
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by catseye yellow »

either right before or right after gary con. i just hope, beyond hope, it is available for gen con.
bighara
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by bighara »

"Bighara RULES!" -Ogrepuppy

"Well, that's just genius." :D -GnomeBoy
brujoloco
Far-Sighted Wanderer
FLGS: FRPGames

Post by brujoloco »

Ahhh amazing. Wonder if after Lankhmar they might make others expanding on their own products. I really enjoyed the Purple Planet setting, what other well known IP could work with DCC?

If they made a boxed setting with anything Michael Moorcock on them , I would buy it right away. Melnibone and the Young Kingdoms or perhaps the world of Corum, the last Corum RPG I owned I just bought for reading the lore and expanding the world, an amazing companion for the old Stormbrigner RPG, bringing Corum for DCC would really make me cry in joy and perhaps sell my eye and hand to Goodman Games. :P
soulcatcher78
Wild-Eyed Zealot
FLGS: Game Knight

Post by soulcatcher78 »

brujoloco wrote:
Ahhh amazing. Wonder if after Lankhmar they might make others expanding on their own products. I really enjoyed the Purple Planet setting, what other well known IP could work with DCC?

If they made a boxed setting with anything Michael Moorcock on them , I would buy it right away. Melnibone and the Young Kingdoms or perhaps the world of Corum, the last Corum RPG I owned I just bought for reading the lore and expanding the world, an amazing companion for the old Stormbrigner RPG, bringing Corum for DCC would really make me cry in joy and perhaps sell my eye and hand to Goodman Games. :P
No need to go all Vecna (well depending on what they charge to get access to the IP, maybe).

There was a Dying Earth (Jack Vance) project in the works but there's a pause on that for internal reasons. Hope to see that coming soon as I've just started reading those stories and I don't know why I never tried them before (other than not finding copies but in the age of the ebook, that's no longer much of an issue).
brujoloco
Far-Sighted Wanderer
FLGS: FRPGames

Post by brujoloco »

soulcatcher78 wrote:
There was a Dying Earth (Jack Vance) project in the works but there's a pause on that for internal reasons. Hope to see that coming soon as I've just started reading those stories and I don't know why I never tried them before (other than not finding copies but in the age of the ebook, that's no longer much of an issue).
Jack Vance stories are odd. To me they are like an acquired taste. Some of the stories are amazing like the one of the forgotten temple others are kinda odd where he introduces really weird characters that have little backstory but you have to take them at face value and keep the flow of the story. The dog eats dog world of the far future makes the bleakness sometimes a bit more silly than nihilistic in my opinion, but yeah, anyone that plays rpgs should read them, the "vancian" system was born there :D

I obviously prefer Moorcock, since when I was a kid I practically devoured the Swords Trilogy and then found out about Elric and much later the Dancers at the End of time. Its more to my style of "old" anti hero fantasy liking, but Vance is something I still find hard to swallow sometimes.

IF they managed to bring back Moorcocks work I would practically buy it right away. Been a GOOD while since a new Stormbringer rpg has reborn.

Cheers!

Return to “DCC RPG General”