DCC-Style Paper Miniatures? I'd Buy Them!

If it doesn't fit into a category above, then inscribe it here, O Mighty One...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

srpyle1
Gongfarmer
FLGS: Phantom of the Attics

DCC-Style Paper Miniatures? I'd Buy Them!

Post by srpyle1 »

Long-time DCC lover, here. I plan on finally running the game soon, and I will use a potpourri of paper minis from various sources, but what I would LOVE to see is Goodman or some 3rd party publisher engage the regular DCC artists and create a series of paper mini adventurers and monsters.

They would not even have to be in color. They could be b & W so long as they're in the DCC style.

Does this idea have any legs?

Thanks for any input!
beardo1976
Ill-Fated Peasant
FLGS: High Tide Games

Re: DCC-Style Paper Miniatures? I'd Buy Them!

Post by beardo1976 »

srpyle1 wrote:Long-time DCC lover, here. I plan on finally running the game soon, and I will use a potpourri of paper minis from various sources, but what I would LOVE to see is Goodman or some 3rd party publisher engage the regular DCC artists and create a series of paper mini adventurers and monsters.

They would not even have to be in color. They could be b & W so long as they're in the DCC style.

Does this idea have any legs?

Thanks for any input!
I would love these as well. Miniatures can be expensive and time consuming to collect and paint and at my age I just don't have the time. I would love a large set of paper miniatures that I could print on card-stock paper and use in lieu of the pewter or plastic ones, especially if they were in the DCC Style! I'd geek out for a set of miniatures illustrated by Harley Stroh, Stefan Poag or Peter Mullen. TAKE MY MONEY!

-Jason
Fenris Ulfhamr
Cold-Blooded Diabolist
FLGS: -

Post by Fenris Ulfhamr »

I'd buy them, too! Been thinking of a way to do this for myself, especially for high character-count funnels or uniquely weird monsters. D&D sells packs of cardboard pawns for just this reason, but I'd LOVE some DCC art versions!!!

Black Kylessa (c) LV 2 Wizard (orphan)
Str7/8 (-1) Agi17(+2) Sta9(0) Per6(-1) Int15(+1) Luc15(+1) AC13 (padded armor, fumble d8) HP7 Sling+2 (1d4-1) or dagger+/-1 (1d4-1) Spd30 Init+2 R+3 F0 W0 Ragdoll (Mara), Pony, 48cp 602gp Common, Chaos, Halfling, Dwarven
Animal Summoning 64 Wealful/Woeful magic (erupts from the earth),Charm Person 83 Blue Star (black beam), Runic Alphabet, Mortal 43 no change, Spider Climb 53 no change (six extra eyes),Magic Missle 94 Fine Control (meteors),Chill Touch 50 no change (skeletal hands)
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Post by GnomeBoy »

What would you say makes a mini/image of a character "DCC" and not "general-fantasy-weiredness"?

Is it just art as seen in the books?
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
Pesky
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Pesky »

Purple Sorcerer Games has free paper minis for most (if not all) of their adventures.
Terry Olson
Griffith
Far-Sighted Wanderer
FLGS: Paradox Comics-N-Cards

Post by Griffith »

I'd love to see Stefan Poag do the art for a set of DCC paper miniatures!
beardo1976
Ill-Fated Peasant
FLGS: High Tide Games

Post by beardo1976 »

GnomeBoy wrote:What would you say makes a mini/image of a character "DCC" and not "general-fantasy-weiredness"?

Is it just art as seen in the books?
I would say so. Black and white ink and a general gonzo-ness to them. I LOVE the art in the book, paper miniatures by Poag, Mullen and Kovacs would be tasty!

Return to “DCC RPG General”