Where to buy figures for DCC?

If it doesn't fit into a category above, then inscribe it here, O Mighty One...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

mayaokyo1
Gongfarmer

Where to buy figures for DCC?

Post by mayaokyo1 »

Let's face it DCC has some real strange creatures. So much so that it is VERY difficult for me to find figures to use during games. Are there any places that sell DCC, or similar, figures or even card board tokens?
công ty nhận chuyển nhà quận phú nhuận giá rẻ, dịch vụ chuyển văn phòng trọn gói uy tin
Dịch vụ chuyển nhà trọn gói quận Tân Bình từ lâu được cung cấp tại công ty chuyển nhà trọn gói tại Sài Gòn Thành Công với nhiều tiện ích mà dịch vụ trọn gói đã mang lại giúp mọi khách hàng có thể chuyển nhà trọn gói từ nơi ở cũ sang nơi ở mới chuyên nghiệp, đảm bảo an toàn tuyệt đối cho mọi hàng hóa, tài sản của khách hàng khi chuyển dọn.
MonsterSlayer
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Re: Where to buy figures for DCC?

Post by MonsterSlayer »

Reaper Minis has some interesting options but if you play DCC to the gonzo max you are going to probably have a hard time.

Reaper has some Cthulu based minis coming out with their Bones 3 release. They also have some cool older sculpts of typical dungeon denizens that serve as good stand ins (slimes, rust monsters, beholders, etc.)

Reaper also makes some things like a Tiki golem (that is pretty DCC) and 6 legged wolves, of course all the undead you will ever need.

You can also try ebay for some older Ral Partha minis, but these are going to mostly be the D&D line. But you can also get dinosaurs, armored dragons, and balrogs, etc. Full armies of goblinoids and I do mean FULLLL... You could always give them an alternative paint job and remember just because a miniature looks like a goblin doesn't mean you can't call it a "sniferling" or "gryk" or "dark gnome" or give it 2 HD and a vicious poison bite because it has never brushed its teeth.

Finally, if you are open to some old school sculpts, you might look for some old Grenadier stuff. Some of the sculpts are so old, newer players may not recognize them and some of the sculpts are so funky...they kind of fit in with the Erol Otus artwork.
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Post by GnomeBoy »

The inventiveness of DCC is always going to outstrip any manufacturer's ability to keep up.

And does anyone every really have all the minis they'd need to represent every given creature/PC/NPC?? I always done a lot of substituting when I've run with minis.

Now if you're just looking for weird minis, so you can stat them up weirdly for your DCC game, well, that's another kettle of ghoti...
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
bat
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by bat »

Have you considered altering some critters in the adventure you are running to fit the miniatures that you do have? I've done this, throwing in something of the same challenge equivalent that is appropriate to what I have on hand. I didn't drop a grand on Dwarven Forge terrain for nothing.
BernieTheFlumph
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by BernieTheFlumph »

As with so many questions in life, Lego is your answer.
-Josh Burnett-
Bernie the Flumph
fritsk
Far-Sighted Wanderer
FLGS: Speldorado

Post by fritsk »

Yup, RalPartha has lots of old stuff.
Or you can look at Otherworld who have lots of new minis with an old school vibe.
soulcatcher78
Wild-Eyed Zealot
FLGS: Game Knight

Post by soulcatcher78 »

Another option is newer style board games.

CMON (Cool Mini or Not) produces some fantastic stuff and when you consider mini prices vs. buying a game full of minis it'll stretch your dollars pretty far.

Check out:
Blood Rage
Zombicide (especially the Black Plague and expansions)
The Others: 7 Sins (for some truly jacked up mutated things, imagine if HP Lovecraft had access to LSD)
Rising Sun (Kickstarter just finished so you won't be able to get them immediately but check out the critters)
Rum and Bones (for the Pirate in you)

Those are the tip of the iceberg and from only one company. Picking and choosing custom minis to match your creatures doesn't need to come from a miniature dealer or cost a fortune, check out the plastic kids toys at your local Dollar Store (or equivalent) and you can repurpose those to fit your needs (bag of green army men can go a long way when you're dealing with swarms or mobs).
Fenris Ulfhamr
Cold-Blooded Diabolist
FLGS: -

Post by Fenris Ulfhamr »

Bloodrage has awesome minis and expansion sets (like Zombicide). Since running Intrigue at the Court of Chaos I keep a can of playdoh at my game table. Great for oozes/slimes, but if you're a quick sculpt you can get some random-gen demons, dragons, or whatever you can whip out

Black Kylessa (c) LV 2 Wizard (orphan)
Str7/8 (-1) Agi17(+2) Sta9(0) Per6(-1) Int15(+1) Luc15(+1) AC13 (padded armor, fumble d8) HP7 Sling+2 (1d4-1) or dagger+/-1 (1d4-1) Spd30 Init+2 R+3 F0 W0 Ragdoll (Mara), Pony, 48cp 602gp Common, Chaos, Halfling, Dwarven
Animal Summoning 64 Wealful/Woeful magic (erupts from the earth),Charm Person 83 Blue Star (black beam), Runic Alphabet, Mortal 43 no change, Spider Climb 53 no change (six extra eyes),Magic Missle 94 Fine Control (meteors),Chill Touch 50 no change (skeletal hands)
brujoloco
Far-Sighted Wanderer
FLGS: FRPGames

Post by brujoloco »

Have you tried paper folded standups?

Just grab the image you want, resize and print in mirror style over a sheet of paper? There was a simple oots project for fantasy paper minis a while back that more or less can give you an idea http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthre ... rt-Project

Much cheaper too, and specially for some of the weirder monsters where all you can get is a small drawing of it.
bighara
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by bighara »

Time to get that 3D printer... :D
"Bighara RULES!" -Ogrepuppy

"Well, that's just genius." :D -GnomeBoy
Renshai
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Renshai »

Its hard to beat Otherworld Miniatures:

http://otherworldminiatures.co.uk/
Life is cruel, in the tarnished jewel...
--Old Thom, Smoke, Punjar
Gentlegamer
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Gentlegamer »

Minis are cool, but since I have no talent and never paint them, and never had access to many monster varieties over many years of playing I'm very used to going without or using simple stand ins like poker chips or coins if needed.

Does DCC use tactical combat?
soulcatcher78
Wild-Eyed Zealot
FLGS: Game Knight

Post by soulcatcher78 »

Gentlegamer wrote:Minis are cool, but since I have no talent and never paint them, and never had access to many monster varieties over many years of playing I'm very used to going without or using simple stand ins like poker chips or coins if needed.

It can if you and your players enjoy it.

There is a mechanic for attacks when moving away in combat (similar to the attack of opportunity from 3.5) but it's a mention in the book, not a chapter.
Gentlegamer
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Gentlegamer »

soulcatcher78 wrote:
Gentlegamer wrote:Minis are cool, but since I have no talent and never paint them, and never had access to many monster varieties over many years of playing I'm very used to going without or using simple stand ins like poker chips or coins if needed.

There is a mechanic for attacks when moving away in combat (similar to the attack of opportunity from 3.5) but it's a mention in the book, not a chapter.
That's just the normal free attack from D&D for not retreating properly. So I take it that means the combat is generally AD&D, and not the AoO and combat feat mess of 3e?
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Gentlegamer wrote:
soulcatcher78 wrote:

That's just the normal free attack from D&D for not retreating properly. So I take it that means the combat is generally AD&D, and not the AoO and combat feat mess of 3e?
You take it correctly.
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
losloris
Hard-Bitten Adventurer
FLGS: trig

Post by losloris »

Actually looking for miniatures, too, just for my characters; and, painted.

The otherworld people mentioned above look pretty good. I found a bunch for 5 pounds (8.30 in my world).

Any other places that are trustworthy?

Losloris
who rarely buys things on line but will for this
pinatafullofd4s
Gongfarmer
FLGS: The Vorpal Gnome

Post by pinatafullofd4s »

Depending on your conversion experience/time/budget, it's very possible to make your own. I've been looking for the bits needed to convert up the cover monster for Sailors recently, and I think I have most of it planned out.
losloris
Hard-Bitten Adventurer
FLGS: trig

Post by losloris »

Okay, then. The figurines showed up and look great. Now, does anyone no someone in Montreal who will paint them? This is not at all in my skill set but highly valued.

Losloris

Return to “DCC RPG General”