My GM Screen

If it doesn't fit into a category above, then inscribe it here, O Mighty One...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

bighara
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

My GM Screen

Post by bighara »

Black foam core, gaffer tape, spray mount, and printouts from peoplethemwithmonsters' Reference Book (mostly). The art is printed from the rulebook (again, mostly):
"Bighara RULES!" -Ogrepuppy

"Well, that's just genius." :D -GnomeBoy
Zargon
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Re: My GM Screen

Post by Zargon »

Very nice, the colorful art really makes it look quite exceptional. Thank you for presenting the images. Did you select the charts you used based on the standard fare for GM screens, or are they special collections of information you find yourself needing routinely? Personally I find the standard fare on GM screens to be a bit unnecessary during a game session, Usually the information I need is obscure, often buried in some tome or some such place I would much rather have on the screen which as it turns out is primarily employed cloaking some maps or miniatures...
Fables of the Borderlands - #1 DCC campaign on Obsidian Portal!
bighara
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by bighara »

Zargon wrote:Did you select the charts you used based on the standard fare for GM screens, or are they special collections of information you find yourself needing routinely?
I haven't run DCC yet. This was a project I amused myself with over the holiday. So I can't say which ones will be most useful. I chose what seemed fairly standard. At least, they are the kinds of tables I find useful in other games: crits and fumbles tables, combat modifiers, weapon stats, turn unholy, etc. It's possible that as I grow more familiar with the system I'll find other things more useful. It's easy enough to print a new sheet or two and cover the old ones. :)

cjoepar
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by cjoepar »

Nicely done!

I have found the critical and fumble tables to be the most useful ones to have on my screen. They seemed to be the ones where it really slows things down to go leafing through the book to reference during game play.
bighara
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by bighara »

cjoepar wrote:Nicely done!

I have found the critical and fumble tables to be the most useful ones to have on my screen. They seemed to be the ones where it really slows things down to go leafing through the book to reference during game play.

re: crits & fumbles, I imagined that would be the case, so I put the monsters', and the 0-low level crit tables + fumbles on the center panel.

Semi-Retired Gamer
Wild-Eyed Zealot
FLGS: Wizard's Asylum

Post by Semi-Retired Gamer »

That GM Screen is a thing of beauty! 8)
Charlie
----------------------------------------------------
I (mainly) blog about role-playing topics at The Semi-Retired Gamer.

Reading: The Lair of Bones by David Farland.
DM Marcus
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by DM Marcus »

That looks great! If each panel is 8.5 X11 , that would be a large fence. I love all the color and inspirational art on the front. Addressing what has been discussed already, I would find myself needing the crit and fumble charts and the spells tables that my players possess. That's pretty much what I find myself needing to flip through the book for at games.
bighara
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by bighara »

The printouts are letter-sized. The panels are ≈10 x 13" so it's kind of big.

Purty tho :lol:

bighara
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by bighara »

During last night's session, I found a table missing: Crit Table M. I included the matrix for monsters, but not the basic crit table itself. :( I've printed it now and will mount it over some of the filler art.

Live & learn!

Grimmer
Gongfarmer

Post by Grimmer »

bighara wrote:During last night's session, I found a table missing: Crit Table M. I included the matrix for monsters, but not the basic crit table itself. :( I've printed it now and will mount it over some of the filler art.

Live & learn!
Information like that is priceless for those of attempting to build our own screens.

Cheers.

Return to “DCC RPG General”