Converting over to DCC

If it doesn't fit into a category above, then inscribe it here, O Mighty One...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

RevTurkey
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Converting over to DCC

Post by RevTurkey »

Hi y'all. I recently started a home-made campaign for 5e...cobbled together from bits made up and pinched. It is going fine and the players are liking it but I want to play DCC and roll funkier dice lol! So I have made the switch over and converted the two characters. No problems there as I only had a Paladin (now a Cleric) and a Rogue (now a Thief)...I hand-waved certain things and made up ways for 5e unique abilities to work in DCC so the players didn't feel short changed. Anyway...in making up my setting I came up with and found some fun names and things. Maybe you might pinch some for your own use? I thought I'd share them :)

(i already shared this stuff once on Enworld when I was using 5e...which I like...just not as much.)
Playing since about 1980
Latest games: DCC RPG of course!
Quote I like: "I am on a computer therfore I am" (Alan Plater)
RevTurkey
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Re: Converting over to DCC

Post by RevTurkey »

Settlements/Towns/Villages and Stuff...

Ironforge - Dwarven keep and mining community.
Nettlebed - Gnome village amongst the bracken. Complete with tinkers workshops.
Dogthorpe - Halfling farming settlement in the woods. Gypsy caravan type affair.
The Mumbles - a community in the woods/forest.
Easthaven - a seaside village.
Fogdown Isle - a small island community.
Anton's Gout - a small town, split amongst a series of small islets.
Amblewood - a fortified settlement and farming village.
Horsleydown - a town with a castle and spanning a river.
Badger's Mount - it's a keep on a hill.
Fourwinds - a hamlet with a water wheel.
Eastbrook - a little village.
Drell Town - Known as The Devil's Elbow.
Runestone - a fortified town with an unusual feature.
Cresthill Point - a seaside village.
Fools March - The great toll bridge.
Bald Knob - a little hamlet.
Rookridge - home of Sir John Fenwick, esteemed adventurer.
Fishside - a fishing port and town.
Thangannus Manufinnel - a tree top Elven community.
Breakneck Falls - a small village. Home to Fergus Finley's school of wizardry.
Dragon's Hollow - a community living amongst the bones of a giant ancient dragon corpse.
Foulwind Point - a small town. An outpost and defensive settlement in the wilderness.
Whiteridge - Home to the Inn on the Edge, overhanging the cliffs at the waterfall.
Mumpbeak - small community and trading post. Home to the famous Mumpbeak brewery.
Skipdale Pond - Home to adventure! Built around "the mousehole"...dungeon entrance.
Playing since about 1980
RevTurkey
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by RevTurkey »

Tavern Names!

The Pineapple
The Cat and Custard Pot
The Reliable Crossbow
The Quiet Woman
The Inn on the Edge
The Bunch of Carrots
The Diabolical Pigeon
The Ticklish Horse
The Jolly Taxpayer
The Rusty Nail
The Crunchberry Inn
The Witches Promise
The Six Legged Toad
Hobgoblin's Folk House
The Mad Hatter's Prize
The Boar's Head
The Gnome's Lair
The Welcome Stop
The Drunken Duck
The Mermaid's Cups
The Friar's Bowl
The Frisky Fairy
The Archer Inn
The Old Oak Inn
The Rowdy Goblin
The Crimson Pearl
The Slug and Lettuce
The Wayside Rest
The White Lamb
Bek's Alehouse
The Doppleganger's Rest
The Lich's Coiffe
Beerz Tavern

It's a pub crawl!
Playing since about 1980
RevTurkey
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by RevTurkey »

NPC names...

Morris Grove, Felton Cartwright, Fergus Finley, Harvey Bindle, Elvira Erbert, Cyril Morley, Tharkun Blacklock, Solomon Stilts, Myrtle Gregg, Belle Rennock, Brother Robin, Murgo Whisper, Drake Morton, Nigel Gould, Ben Finn, Digger Tick, Prudence Felton, Cornelious Grimm, Herman Peel, Barnaby Beadle, Ivora Sackworth, Amanda Grey, Logan Tyrell, Doc Skids, Fisher Flick, Hans Bowerstone, Jeremiah Felling, Clarence Milton, Ethelbert the Hobbled, Barnum Fairfax, Arthur Welley, Jack Thag, Archie McGuffin, Arken Stern, Maxley Wellow, Barry Gaskett, Griffin Smith, Nigel Ferrett, Allen Murray, Clutterbuck, Laszlo, Giles Mumpbeak, Merek Forthwind, Huxley Jones, Ned Martin, Morhir Sandis, Lendis Arvellan, Thrain Mimm, Brother Pannaran, Henneck Lysander, Bertie Brklewhyte, Dariah Badgerhedge, Grissle Thatch, Selvona Trotter, Feedle Jones, Bertha Agmoor, Willow Buttonpluck, Fowler Twark, Lamp Locke, Nithick Blackwaddle, Glinkdeedus Coghouse, Locknus Spannerspan, Katleeno Tosselfizzle, Merbuss Berryspark, Barlock Figgins, Kethykink Thistleblast, Bonklyfinkle Spypipe, Dimwin Stormgauge, Pithwin Portersprocket, Bomburr Greenrock, Naugladur, Goldus Stonebridge, Loth Greyvein, Ulric Caldwell, Brock Wilford, Willard Fosco, Vindo Ordin, Igwar Brownstone, Wilbur Oakdale, Pagan Osgood, Randale Happer, Preston Harris, Peyton White, Susis Brandywine, Crudding Bakerson, Pippa Pike, Granville Drinkwater, Roberta Bashley, Ralphus Trollreaver, Langley Wainwright, Neville Booting, Gallendor Snarke, Mordred Clayworth, Cromwell Faulkner, Dryston Leech, Blyth Millwright, Alwin Fray, Nudd Baker, Dalton Pinder, Escalibor Sandstone, Bartle Dexter, Neldavin Narwindle, Bartholomew Sigbert, Clayborne King, Bercthun Thrydulf, Walter Hain, Lorinda Bagford, Charles Tomkins, Janter Sludge, Winston Baxter, Gorelock Carnifex, Garroway Hooper, Pippi Cheerbrook, Clintwood Smith, Rand Osfrid, Farnham Saddler, Lyndon Bell, Jack Brightsmith, Barlock Drakemoor, Elvantra Baggerton, Chelton Figwall, Bronrock Wood, Avona Porterdale, Ralph Halfhedge, Vance Moore, Lorna Tolgood, Thrag Sackworth, Orchid Thorpe, Nigel White, Woodrow Burl, Culvec Drell, Baddemagus Blake, Hudson Tex, Ashlee Palmer, Malgus Madflick, Bumblebee Zaphore, Stockwell Morris, Ronan Britton, Numphkin Norton, Questing Gutterguts, Devon Bredmore, Elgaste Redfinger, Edwin Sparrowcrest, Graham Bresby, Falgor Elkenstag, Redd Bungaard, Uther Kinlain, Trenton Young, Lucifer Morgant, Avalloc Cutler, Bailey Akerley, Sterling Tondberct, Verna Lanette, Brodan Runestone, Graham Crowden (I love that actor), Gwen Ditton, Clive Swift, Rupert Scrivener, Fiona Tambling, Larry Perry, Felix Pickles, David Windton, Melinda Pond, Lex Churnside, Nigel Humphreys, Cordellia Rooper, Byron Pritchard, Sorcha Devereux, Mia Fothergill, Allen Buckley, Simon Hillvine, Homlet Ethel, Barrimore Barlow (I love Tull), Gorwen Darkpalder, Beladova Castlewight, Erasmus Reed, Ian Fishside, Lawrence Luckinbill, Bunyan Thistle, Alf Spooner, Arthur Nightingale, Royston Crowley, Rivaldo Lerwick, Robin Alderleaf, Hudley Chesterman, Morholt, Heggler Spragg, Henghist Norman, Ramsey Earconberet, Prentis Farrell, Clement Duvall, Kathyryn Silverton, Wyman Culvert, Gambon Whitetail, Grant Darkmoor, Vernon James, Wesley Clump, Krem Coppermose, Imelda Frogbottom, John Fenwick, Walton Bek, Arlen Orran, Vaas Voure, Cornell Farwalker, Dorin Flint, Daknor Ironfell, Ottik Mandrake, Orlana Moonflower, Nasuka, Ellian Mistborn, Brassica Goldleaf, Morrid Mitslan, Zook, Hern Smith, Grog Blint, Snarl Biggs, Jenkins, Wedge Biggs, Slade Trenn, Morgan Elfward, Kordek Anvilstrike, Rosque Joseph, Sidney Smalls, Glandolfin, Seraguin, Emphadrille.....phew!
Playing since about 1980
MrHemlocks
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Post by MrHemlocks »

Thanks for the listing of various names and places...sure to use some of those :o

In DCC your character does not just be a typical cleric or thief class. There are MANY alternate characters and races for this game. I suggest looking at Crawl #10 for some really classes. My favorite is the Halfling Burglar.

RevTurkey
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by RevTurkey »

Hey Mr.Hemlocks :)

I actually LOVE the lack of class and race options in DCC lol. Each to their own though :)

It's one of the big selling points for me. I love Race as Class too. Guess which D&D I grew up with ? I like how DCC takes that idea and really makes each one special and fun.
Playing since about 1980
Weisenwolf
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Weisenwolf »

RevTurkey wrote:Hey Mr.Hemlocks :)

I actually LOVE the lack of class and race options in DCC lol. Each to their own though :)

It's one of the big selling points for me. I love Race as Class too. Guess which D&D I grew up with ? I like how DCC takes that idea and really makes each one special and fun.
Amen to that 8)

Return to “DCC RPG General”