Where to buy figures for DCC?

If it doesn't fit into a category above, then inscribe it here, O Mighty One...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

MrHemlocks
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Where to buy figures for DCC?

Post by MrHemlocks »

Let's face it DCC has some real strange creatures. So much so that it is VERY difficult for me to find figures to use during games. Are there any places that sell DCC, or similar, figures or even card board tokens?
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Re: Where to buy figures for DCC?

Post by Raven_Crowking »

All of the Purple Sorcerer modules include great paper minis.

Another possibility is to get metal washers, and use a circle cutter of the same size to make tokens. If you do this, you can photocopy illustrations of the weird critters in question to represent on the token.
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Post by GnomeBoy »

Dreamblade minis are still out there in the secondary market -- and they are pretty out-there.

I've used toys picked up at the dollar store, too.

Or you just use the thing you have that's the closest to the creature -- imagination can do the rest.
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
Zargon
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Zargon »

Do you have a specific miniature in mind?

One company that has demonstrated quality and merit over many years, and has produced many hundreds and hundreds of minis is Reaper. Overall, I have had the best experience with this company over any other that has produced minis (There are one or two I would caution you to avoid, but I won't digress further). You would be remiss not to peruse the Reaper site for hours.

Recently a new company hit the scene called Center Stage Minis (CSM). In November of 2012 CSM purchased GG's 'dcc miniature line'. Now before you get all excited, I can not say that I have seen every one of the minis on their site, nor do I understand the reasons why, (CSM did just produce four successful kickstarters over the past two years).

So as time progresses we can be sure there will be a lot more on their website, and one thing I have noticed is a lot of weirder monsters, especially since the launch of the Tome of Horrors I & II.
Fables of the Borderlands - #1 DCC campaign on Obsidian Portal!
donpimpom
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by donpimpom »

There are LOTS of miniature manufacturers out there, many of them are small one-man operations run at home and releasing peculiar models which big manufacturers don't want to release. Of course they maybe don't release the exact model you need, but some could be really close to your needs.
Tell us what you are looking for or ask in a forum specialized in miniature games (in non-Games Workshop games).
Lead Adventure is a great place to ask (http://www.lead-adventure.de) people is very friendly and some members have an really encyclopedic knowledge of the subject
lukash
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by lukash »

I made stand up counters for People of the Pit. I drew pictures of the beastmen and tentacles, scanned them, shrunk them, and then printed out the stand-up counters. It was a bit of work, but fun.
22 Start / 3 Dead / 6 Wounded / Portal Under the Stars
12 Start / 3 Dead / 0 Wounded / Sailors on the Starless Sea (not finished)
donpimpom
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by donpimpom »

For People of the pit I have a selection of models waiting to be painted.
Most of the cultist are from SHQ miniatures Ref C8 & C7 here http://www.shqminiatures.com/Ranges/25m ... .253.45.13
The leader of the cultis is a Frother unite model released long time ago, you can see it painted here http://www.lead-adventure.de/index.php?topic=28250.0
As tentacles I'm waiting to receive my Shadows of Brimstone KS to paint and use these

Lukash I like the idea to make your own stand, maybe I do some for my next game.

Return to “DCC RPG General”