Dungeon Crawl Classics at Gen Con

If it doesn't fit into a category above, then inscribe it here, O Mighty One...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Liverpuncher
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Dungeon Crawl Classics at Gen Con

Post by Liverpuncher »

Will anyone out there be running any open DCC RPG events at Gen Con?
I registered a bit late - and found to my chagrin every DCC RPG event is sold out. I recently bought the game, and want to play in as many events as possible.

Thanks!
smathis
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Re: Dungeon Crawl Classics at Gen Con

Post by smathis »

Liverpuncher wrote:Will anyone out there be running any open DCC RPG events at Gen Con?
I registered a bit late - and found to my chagrin every DCC RPG event is sold out. I recently bought the game, and want to play in as many events as possible.

Thanks!
I'm going to be at GenCon on Friday and Saturday. I should be at or near the Goodman Games booth. I have nothing scheduled. I'm there to help out at the booth, run DCC RPG and Transylvanian Adventures, and be an upstanding citizen.

So, yes. Open gaming galore. I can run DCC or TATG. Or both. At the same time.
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

Liver,

It's awesome that you're coming. It should be a good time, and with so many fantastic people showing up I'm hopeful that there will be plenty of opportunities for off-grid games.

Smathis is a wonderful judge; get in his games if you can. Also, Doug (and maybe Joseph) will be running games. If you are okay with mixing drinking and dicing, a Kovacs game is a highlight of the con. Also stop by the booth; odds are good we'll have folks around eager to run things in the evenings.

//H
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
Jim Skach
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Jim Skach »

Who knows....maybe someone will give up a seat in exchange for a drinking and dicing game with Joeseph and Doug....
Doug Kovacs
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Doug Kovacs »

Wed. night Punjar game.
Maybe other nights if j!m $kac&... is down.
Let me know if you think you want in please (email in sig)
DOUG KOVACS
Artist/Illustrator
dk@dougkovacs.com
http://dougkovacs.com
The Drain Chamber (Blog)
http://dougkovacs.com/dkblog/
oncelor
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by oncelor »

I may be running DCC in the open gaming area in the Hyatt -- up the escalators on the second or third floor -- starting Thursday in the afternoon / early evening, if I can get a quorum. One or two of our players still haven't confirmed whether they can make it this year yet. If anybody is interested in joining us, lemee know, or just wander on by.
DCCfan
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer
FLGS: The Comics Club

Post by DCCfan »

One of the things I want do this year is PLAY in as many DCC games as I can. I work at the True Dungeon all day Fri and Sat but will be free in the evenings from about 5:30 until 3:00AM. I judge my home game and have only been a player twice. Smathis I really want to try TA and plan to stop by the booth early Thursday to see if I can get into one of your games. Your game sounds like it is going to be a blast to play.
"When creating your character,choose an ethical system that can justify nearly any fit of temper, greed, cowardice, or vindictiveness, for example, Chaotic Violent..."

THE PROTOCOLS, ADVANCED PROTOCOL #10
Jim Skach
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Jim Skach »

Doug Kovacs wrote:Wed. night Punjar game.
Maybe other nights if j!m $kac&... is down.
Let me know if you think you want in please (email in sig)
I have been remiss in responding.

I have a standing party I attend on Wednesday night...but the time of attendance is...variable. So we should communicate between now and then....
Jim Skach
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Jim Skach »

My tickets arrived....

...see if you can spot the trend.
smathis
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by smathis »

DCCfan wrote:One of the things I want do this year is PLAY in as many DCC games as I can. I work at the True Dungeon all day Fri and Sat but will be free in the evenings from about 5:30 until 3:00AM. I judge my home game and have only been a player twice. Smathis I really want to try TA and plan to stop by the booth early Thursday to see if I can get into one of your games. Your game sounds like it is going to be a blast to play.
Unfortunately, I'm only at Gen Con from Friday afternoon, through Saturday. I won't be around on Thursday. I recently started a new job and couldn't get more time off.

I'm free in the evenings. If I'm not running TA or DCC, I'll probably be in Doug's Punjar game. Those are always fun, especially when he doesn't mind me introducing bipedal capybara-men into the setting. 8)
DCCfan
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer
FLGS: The Comics Club

Post by DCCfan »

smathis wrote:
DCCfan wrote:One of the things I want do this year is PLAY in as many DCC games as I can. I work at the True Dungeon all day Fri and Sat but will be free in the evenings from about 5:30 until 3:00AM. I judge my home game and have only been a player twice. Smathis I really want to try TA and plan to stop by the booth early Thursday to see if I can get into one of your games. Your game sounds like it is going to be a blast to play.
Unfortunately, I'm only at Gen Con from Friday afternoon, through Saturday. I won't be around on Thursday. I recently started a new job and couldn't get more time off.

I'm free in the evenings. If I'm not running TA or DCC, I'll probably be in Doug's Punjar game. Those are always fun, especially when he doesn't mind me introducing bipedal capybara-men into the setting. 8)
Yes the evenings would be perfect. I guess if I can't find a game to talk my way into then I'll find something else to do. I just want a chance to be a PC.
"When creating your character,choose an ethical system that can justify nearly any fit of temper, greed, cowardice, or vindictiveness, for example, Chaotic Violent..."

THE PROTOCOLS, ADVANCED PROTOCOL #10
Klyngster
Far-Sighted Wanderer
FLGS: I'm Board! Games

Post by Klyngster »

I just found out I'll be able to make it to Gen Con this year! I attended Gary Con last year and had a great time playing the DCC RPG. It was such a great pleasure meeting everybody at Goodman Games. I'll have a handful of generic tickets in case a chair ends up empty. Otherwise, I guess I'll try and get in one of the evening or open games, or spectate. I'd be willing to roll the dice for the monsters again, too.

Return to “DCC RPG General”