Interest in a "World Tour" in Toronto?

If it doesn't fit into a category above, then inscribe it here, O Mighty One...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Interest in a "World Tour" in Toronto?

Post by Raven_Crowking »

If I wrote and ran nine events this spring & summer in Toronto as part of the DCC World Tour, would there be any interest? I am thinking three funnels, three 1st level adventures, 2 2nd level adventures, and one 3rd level adventure. Survivors can "move up" to the next level adventure.
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Re: Interest in a "World Tour" in Toronto?

Post by Raven_Crowking »

SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

That much interest, eh?

I could use some help in venues. I know Duelling Grounds on the west end has game space, and I am told that Hairy Tarantula North has another place to run games. Any others in the Toronto area that I could set up events at?

Thanks.

(Oh, and the estimable Rev Dak will be running the same adventures in the LA area at roughly the same time.)

((Oh, and you can get a playtest credit in either Toronto or LA, with this sequence of adventures coming out as a module series from Purple Duck Games......subject to GG approval, of course.))

Daniel
SoBH pbp:

funkaoshi
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by funkaoshi »

Depending on when you were planning on running games I'd love to come play.

Silver Snail runs the D&D Encounters program. Right now that happens in their cafe, but they also set up tables at the back of the store. They are apparently also building a gaming area in their basement. I'd get in touch.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Well, now's your chance to offer some input! I haven't come close to decided when or where yet, except that I'd like to spread the game around the city as much as humanly possible! :mrgreen:
SoBH pbp:

ragboy
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by ragboy »

Must check flight prices to Toronto...

Aside from that, can I run your stuff down Texas way? As in, do you need playtesters?
AKA Paul Wolfe
The Mystic Bull: Check out our two FREE prehistoric adventures: The Steading of the Nergalites AND The Tribe of Ogg and the Gift of Suss
In the Prison of the Squid Sorcerer (PDF) and softcover: 12 Short Adventures for DCC!
The God-Seed Awakens: 3rd Level Adventure for DCC. New patron, new spells, lots of new monsters and the living weapons of the Empire of Thal!
My Gamer Profile
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Paul,

I'm willing to have you playtest at the same time under the same rules as the World Tour: At a Con or a Brick & Mortar store.

Daniel
SoBH pbp:

ragboy
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by ragboy »

Raven_Crowking wrote:Paul,

I'm willing to have you playtest at the same time under the same rules as the World Tour: At a Con or a Brick & Mortar store.

Daniel
Roger that. I got two in my city and a couple within spitting distance.
AKA Paul Wolfe
The Mystic Bull: Check out our two FREE prehistoric adventures: The Steading of the Nergalites AND The Tribe of Ogg and the Gift of Suss
In the Prison of the Squid Sorcerer (PDF) and softcover: 12 Short Adventures for DCC!
The God-Seed Awakens: 3rd Level Adventure for DCC. New patron, new spells, lots of new monsters and the living weapons of the Empire of Thal!
My Gamer Profile
reverenddak

Post by reverenddak »

This year is going to be awesome on the "official" DCC RPG front, I'm telling you. I'm stoked for these adventures. Damn right I'll be running these.
Reverend Dakota Jesus Ultimak, S.S.M.o.t.S.M.S., D.M.

(Dungeon) Master In Chief of Crawl! fanzine. - http://www.crawlfanzine.com/

"[...] there is no doubt that Dungeons and Dragons and its imitators are right out of the pit of hell." - William Schnoebelen, Straight talk on Dungeons & Dragons
Skars
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Skars »

I'd love to run a playtest of some upcoming adventures of yours as well, Daniel, if possible. We have some prominent Game shops and conventions on every 3-day weekend around the San Francisco area, I'd be glad to run one of your works for a world tour submission.

*Hah, my gf told me today that she had a "Cotillion" dream last night after I rad the adventure for the group!
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Skars wrote:*Hah, my gf told me today that she had a "Cotillion" dream last night after I rad the adventure for the group!

It is the Power of Somnos!

:lol:
SoBH pbp:

funkaoshi
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by funkaoshi »

I've posted a message (on the quiet) OSR Toronto mailing list. If you are on Google+, it's also a good way to find players I find.
Juton
Gongfarmer

Post by Juton »

I'd definitely be interested. I can travel anywhere in TO.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

As I get plans sorted out, I will post a schedule.
SoBH pbp:

Return to “DCC RPG General”