European stockists of new DCC RPG adventures

If it doesn't fit into a category above, then inscribe it here, O Mighty One...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Crimsontree
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

European stockists of new DCC RPG adventures

Post by Crimsontree »

I've bought 2 pdfs of the new DCC RPG adventures from RPGNOW but I would prefer to buy print versions, Unfortunately the expensive postage costs from the USA are putting me off. Does anyone know of any European stockists of the new DCC RPG adventures?
Colin

Re: European stockists of new DCC RPG adventures

Post by Colin »

Leisure Games http://www.leisuregames.com
Infinity Games UK (IGUK) http://www.iguk.co.uk

Both are very reliable and highly regarded.

Colin
hawkwind
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by hawkwind »

I get my copies from Orc's Nest in London. They do mark order from their internet site. Good luck finding the rule book in stock!
RevTurkey
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by RevTurkey »

In the UK I use all those already mentioned but also:

www.gameslore.com

They are cheap and reliable. Packing is not always the best, so for heavy items I sometimes buy from elsewhere...Iguk normally do a good job in this respect.

Hope that helps.
Playing since about 1980
Latest games: DCC RPG of course!
Quote I like: "I am on a computer therfore I am" (Alan Plater)
Stainless
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Stainless »

Same here.

The problem is, they are all out of stock at the moment except for The People of the Pit. Dcc is proving to be very popular in the UK.

RevTurkey wrote:In the UK I use all those already mentioned but also:

http://www.gameslore.com

They are cheap and reliable. Packing is not always the best, so for heavy items I sometimes buy from elsewhere...Iguk normally do a good job in this respect.

Hope that helps.
Avatar by Stefan Poag (I now own the original!)
tovokas
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by tovokas »

Stainless wrote:Same here.
The problem is, they are all out of stock at the moment except for The People of the Pit. Dcc is proving to be very popular in the UK.
Yeah, I've seen a boost in characters generated from the U.K. in the last couple weeks. Good sign for the game, but I'm sure not so nice for folks trying to track down physical copies of things... ;)
Jon Marr
Purple Sorcerer Games
purplesorcerer.com
hawkwind
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by hawkwind »

I feel guility for buying two copies now! I think the UK distribution chain under estimated demand some what! No doubt some more copies will make it into the country in a month or two
Colin

Post by Colin »

Leisure Games and IGUK have both said they were short-shipped on the copies of People of the Pit they ordered, so both are out of stock of it already and not everyone who wanted a copy could get one. Glad I got mine. :)

Colin
RevTurkey
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by RevTurkey »

Take pity on me...I pre-ordered the first 6 modules with GG and haven't got any yet.
(i know only two have been released)

I think it is probably the crappy Royal Mail. I hope so anyway. Think I will leave it another week or so before I start to get nervous :D
Playing since about 1980
Colin

Post by Colin »

*hands Rev a kleenex*

Colin
Crimsontree
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Crimsontree »

I've ordered several DCC products from European online stores but they are all out of stock. Does anyone know of European stores that have DCC products in stock?
Colin

Post by Colin »

Crimsontree wrote:I've ordered several DCC products from European online stores but they are all out of stock. Does anyone know of European stores that have DCC products in stock?
As far as I can tell, simply not enough were printed and so European orders got shorted and are sold out pretty much everywhere. I think it's going to be a case of waiting for reprints, assuming they are being reprinted. The success of DCC has caught everyone by surprise, including Joseph I think.
Coleston the Cavalier
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Coleston the Cavalier »

I have no doubt that Joseph had PLENTY of modules printed up, but that many distributors (and maybe most European distributors) bought too few copies for the demand. So many game stores want to act like a POD business and only purchase one print copy and then order more only if there are local orders for them. That is part of the way many of them are trying to stay in business.

But I have been wrong before.
John Adams
Crimsontree
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Crimsontree »

Nice problem for Joseph to have. Unfortunately, the European fans must wait or pay for the expensive postage from DCC in the US.

Here's what one online store said to me:

"I'm very sorry, but so far, we haven't been able to get the DDC adventures from our European distributors. They should be available again in a week, at least that's what I've been told by my distribution sales reps."
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Hi guys - to help clarify in your search for product:

The DCC RPG core book is sold out at my warehouse. (Some distributors and retailers may still have it in stock at their locations.) A second printing is already at the printer. Retailers have a legitimate reason for not having this product in stock right now.

The two modules officially released so far (Sailors on the Starless Sea and People of the Pit) are both in print and available from my warehouse. Both retailers and distributors underestimated the demand for these. The biggest challenge right now is UK distributors, who have not yet caught up on their ordering. I have received emails from a number of UK retailers who are being told (incorrectly) from their distributor that the modules are out of print. That is not true.

Next time you visit your local retailer, please let them know the modules ARE in print and ARE available from Goodman Games. The retailers should in turn encourage their distributor to properly order the product!
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Colin

Post by Colin »

Thanks for the update, Joseph. So, it's the distributors who've been dicking around. I know IGUK and Leisure Games both stated that the distributor didn't even send them all of the copies they'd actually ordered in.

I don't understand why distributors would state something is OOP when it's not true; that's like saying, "Sorry, we don't want the money you'd spend on this."
TheNobleDrake
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by TheNobleDrake »

Colin wrote:I don't understand why distributors would state something is OOP when it's not true; that's like saying, "Sorry, we don't want the money you'd spend on this."
I don't get it either... my buddies used to have a shop locally, I helped out a bit around there, and I would over-hear the calls with the distributor - my buddy would be standing in front of his computer on the phone and I'd hear "No, they aren't out of print it just came out last week - your online catalog even says its in stock so just punch in the SKU again and get me three of them."

I think it is just the bad luck that you get that "one guy" that just doesn't feel like doing his job - they have them in just about every line of work, and it seems to me that the concentration of them is higher the more customer-contact the position or field actually has (with fast food guys being the absolute most likely to think they don't get paid enough to do their job correctly, at least here in America).
Stainless
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Stainless »

I'm sure this will be just a hiccup in the DCC story. Now that the distributors and retail sellers have seen the demand, I expect a healthy supply in the future. Roll on second printing!
Hunk
Gongfarmer

Post by Hunk »

Esdevium, Britain's largest game distributor got a restock of Starless Sea and People of the Pit yesterday, so they should be avaliable soon from Leisure Games etc.

Spirit Games has People of the Pit and the Gold Foil of the core rulebook in stock at the moment:
http://www.spiritgames.co.uk/disp.php?m ... tagno=6678
Stainless
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Stainless »

IgUK have a few copies of the modules in. They sent me my already ordered People of the Pit and I nabbed one of the three copies (count the, THREE) of Sailors on the Starless Sea. Still no copies of the rulebook however.
Stainless
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Stainless »

IgUK put the Emerald Enchanter up on their web page on Friday. It sold out buy afternoon Saturday (I know as I bought the last copy). DCC's turning out to be very popular in the UK. As it is in the game, it's the quick or the dead when it comes to buying.
RevTurkey
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by RevTurkey »

Hey Colin, I've stopped crying now :D

I have Sailors, People & Emerald modules now. They are bloody great!

I've pre-ordered the lot now.
Playing since about 1980
hawkwind
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by hawkwind »

liesure games have just restocked with the gold foil DCC rpg and all the modules

http://www.leisuregames.com/acatalog/Fu ... eases.html

hurry while stocks last!
Colin

Post by Colin »

Stainless wrote:IgUK put the Emerald Enchanter up on their web page on Friday. It sold out buy afternoon Saturday (I know as I bought the last copy). DCC's turning out to be very popular in the UK. As it is in the game, it's the quick or the dead when it comes to buying.
I'm glad I placed my order on the Friday evening then. :)

Colin
geordie racer
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by geordie racer »

Which of your local game shops are stocking DCC stuff ?

Newcastle's Travelling Man is stocking The Emerald Enchanter, haven't checked on Forbidden Planet yet.
Sean Wills

Return to “DCC RPG General”