Got one at FLGS

If it doesn't fit into a category above, then inscribe it here, O Mighty One...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Bisikoff
Far-Sighted Wanderer
FLGS: Black Diamond Games

Got one at FLGS

Post by Bisikoff »

Howdy,

Two arrived at one of my flgs (Black Diamond, in Concord specifically). Just picked up a copy and will be reading this evening.
finarvyn
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: Fair Game, Downers Grove IL

Re: Got one at FLGS

Post by finarvyn »

Cool. Yours is the first non-preorder sighting that I've heard about so far! 8)
Marv / Finarvyn
DCC Minister of Propaganda; Deputized 6/8/11 (over 11 years of SPAM bustin'!)
DCC RPG playtester 2011, DCC Lankhmar trivia contest winner 2015; OD&D player since 1975

"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs, He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own."
-- Gary Gygax
"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
-- Dave Arneson
"Misinterpreting the rules is a shared memory for many of us"
-- Joseph Goodman
Scribble
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Scribble »

I picked up the PDF yesterday, and I have to say after reading though it my excitement only grew... I need to get a physical copy as soon as possible! :)
Bisikoff
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Bisikoff »

finarvyn wrote:Cool. Yours is the first non-preorder sighting that I've heard about so far! 8)
I was awfully grabby and went back and bought their 2nd copy (as a gift for my neighbor). :)
ragboy
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by ragboy »

I picked up a second copy at my FLGS today -- the limited edition WITH the Doom of the Savage Kings.

I thought that was only going to be included with the pre-order...
AKA Paul Wolfe
The Mystic Bull: Check out our two FREE prehistoric adventures: The Steading of the Nergalites AND The Tribe of Ogg and the Gift of Suss
In the Prison of the Squid Sorcerer (PDF) and softcover: 12 Short Adventures for DCC!
The God-Seed Awakens: 3rd Level Adventure for DCC. New patron, new spells, lots of new monsters and the living weapons of the Empire of Thal!
My Gamer Profile
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

All the limited editions come with a copy of Doom. Grab 'em if you can!

Edit: That was *way* too Pokemon.

//H
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
Alegur
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Alegur »

I spoke with the owner of our FLGS yesterday and he's going to find a copy of the game from one of his distributors, but he doesn't anticipate having it in until next Thursday, and I couldn't stand the wait any longer, so I purchased the PDF and printed it out and dropped it in a binder this morning so I can read it over the long weekend (the binder copy will become the 'table reference' for anyone who doesn't have a copy when I start a game).

The binder I used was oversized (it was an old, rejected mockup of a job I had tossed under my desk), so I made a cover using some old school art I snagged from the web and from my copy of the Dungeon Alphabet.

The cover job is a bit rough, but my bindery guys are working hard on paying jobs today so they can take off early tomorrow for the long weekend, so I did the application of the cover myself (and shows at least one reason I don't work in the bindery :D)

I look forward to reading this monster and to getting my professionally bound book next week. From my initial flipping through while I had a few minutes this morning, I like what I see. This puppy is going to lunch with me today, so I can really start digging in (hopefully I'll not get too caught up and be late getting back from lunch)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/61403689@N00/7261603120/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/61403689@N00
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

Whoa! That's dead sexy!

//H
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
Black Dougal
Deft-Handed Cutpurse
FLGS: Total Escape Games, Broomfield CO

Post by Black Dougal »

I saw three copies at my FLGS (Total Escape Games, Broomfield CO). Two foil and one regular copy. All three have the special module in them, which surprised me. I wasn't expecting to see the preorder module on store shelves.

I am not sure if they will sit on the shelf long, however. I was letting my fanboy show by pimping them to several people at the store last night. :D
"The Black Dougal" (formerly known as dkeester) -- DCCRPG Fan Boy since 2010
DCCRPG PC Death Toll: 25

DCCRPG Playtests: Tacticon 2010, GenghisCon 2011, Tacticon 2011, GenghisCon 2012
Member: The DCC Expendables (Denver, CO)

Doug may very well hold the dubious title of “most DCC RPG PCs lost during the course of convention play.”
--Harley Stroh
Alegur
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Alegur »

Woo Hoo! I just talked to the manager from My FLGS and he said his distributor will have DCC to him tomorrow by Lunch!

And I had already told my staff I was going to be a lazy Veteran tomorrow and take an extra day for Memorial Day.

Guess I'll go hang out at the gaming store around lunchtime (and the wonderful pizza place two doors up :P)
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Post by GnomeBoy »

Went by my FLGS today, and he hadn't seen my pre-order arrive this week. Had been hoping to show the thing off to the group at tomorrow's game, but it'll have to wait... There's one guy in the group who will be surprised to find his name in the book!

Next week! :D
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
reverenddak

Post by reverenddak »

I ordered a copy from a smaller online place and they notified me today that my copy has shipped. So shops are getting them.
Reverend Dakota Jesus Ultimak, S.S.M.o.t.S.M.S., D.M.

(Dungeon) Master In Chief of Crawl! fanzine. - http://www.crawlfanzine.com/

"[...] there is no doubt that Dungeons and Dragons and its imitators are right out of the pit of hell." - William Schnoebelen, Straight talk on Dungeons & Dragons
DimitriX
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by DimitriX »

I got a call from my FLGS saying that my order for the limited edition came in. When I got there, they gave me the regular edition instead and then I told them of their mistake. The weird part was that I know that they have the books, but they hadn't put them out on the shelves yet...
A Paladin In Citadel
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by A Paladin In Citadel »

Picked up a premium copy from "The Sentry Box" in Calgary, Canada, yesterday.

Sweet.
CaptainTrips
Gongfarmer

Post by CaptainTrips »

I picked up a regular copy at my FLGS (The Guard Tower, Columbus, OH) yesterday.

It had a copy of Doom of the Savage Kings, which I wasn't expecting - I thought only pre-order copies of DCC RPG had this included, so I wasn't expecting this in a store bought copy. So that was a pleasant surprise. :^)

I have only skimmed through the DCC RPG so far, but I am liking what I see. The art work is fantastic. I really like the cartoon-like pieces of art, they remind me of the Dragon Mirth section of the old Dragon magazine.
joela
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by joela »

Picked up my copy yesterday. Squee! And after I posted the good news on my facebook page, a buddy commented and ordered the rpg as well :D
What do you mean no?
finarvyn
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: Fair Game, Downers Grove IL

Post by finarvyn »

Went to my FLGS yesterday. They had two copies on the shelf and a third that the guy behind the counter bought for himself. He saw the game and just fell in love with it, so bought one before it even hit the shelves. :lol:
Marv / Finarvyn
DCC Minister of Propaganda; Deputized 6/8/11 (over 11 years of SPAM bustin'!)
DCC RPG playtester 2011, DCC Lankhmar trivia contest winner 2015; OD&D player since 1975

"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs, He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own."
-- Gary Gygax
"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
-- Dave Arneson
"Misinterpreting the rules is a shared memory for many of us"
-- Joseph Goodman
Bisikoff
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Bisikoff »

Bisikoff wrote:Howdy,

Two arrived at one of my flgs (Black Diamond, in Concord specifically). Just picked up a copy and will be reading this evening.
In addition to securing both of those original copies (now replaced with another two for sale), I grabbed the People of the Pit and some Zocchi dice (and d7 and d30) today.

Stopping at my other flgs on Tuesday (EndGame, in Oakland) showed they had a whole stack of just arrived DCCs as well.
The Venomous Pao
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by The Venomous Pao »

My order of the limited edition (and a set of Zocchi dice) from Noble Knight arrived in great condition in the mail today. I'm diggin' it!
GnomeBoy

Post by GnomeBoy »

Got mine earlier today at my FLGS -- barely had a chance to crack it open, looks fantastic -- taking it to tonight's game to show off...!
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

TheNobleDrake
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by TheNobleDrake »

My FLGS is having a bit of trouble getting DCC in stock... lucky for me I got my pre-order just fine, but I like to support my local store-buddies and was hoping to pick up some extra copies of the core rules and set up a standing order for the DCC modules... but his distributor is telling him everything is on backorder.

It's a bummer (for me), but a pretty good sign I think for the west coast popularity of DCC.
GnomeBoy

Post by GnomeBoy »

Seeing the book, knowing that one other member of our group and myself had play tested the game, and discussing a bit how magic works seems to have kindled a spark of interest in playing the game...

Now to nurture that spark... :D

funkaoshi
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by funkaoshi »

If you are in Toronto, Hairy Tarantula downtown has 1 copy of the limited edition rules (with Doom of the Savage Kings) and 3 copies of Sailors of the Starless Sea for sale. (Sadly no People of the Pit, which is what I was looking for. The owner said he was expecting to get another order of the module soon.)
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Post by Raven_Crowking »

funkaoshi wrote:If you are in Toronto, Hairy Tarantula downtown has 1 copy of the limited edition rules (with Doom of the Savage Kings) and 3 copies of Sailors of the Starless Sea for sale. (Sadly no People of the Pit, which is what I was looking for. The owner said he was expecting to get another order of the module soon.)
That's because I bought the last copy. :twisted:

(That's actually true.)
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
funkaoshi
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by funkaoshi »

Son of a bitch! :D

I wonder who else in the city is buying stuff there. Apparently they had ordered a few copies. For an indie game DCC RPG seems to be quite popular.

Return to “DCC RPG General”