The Wait is Getting to Me

If it doesn't fit into a category above, then inscribe it here, O Mighty One...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

The Wait is Getting to Me

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Hiya.

The wait to get the book (from a brick-and-mortar preorder) is getting to me, especially as the regular release date draws ever closer, and the game is appearing in places farther than myself from the printer.

While I am assured that the shop ordered it as a preorder, what happens if the order was placed wrong by the distributor (in this case, Lion Rampant)? Will I never see 66.5? :cry:

I am told by Dueling Grounds that they called Lion Rampant, and that it has not been received there. I assume that this is how it would be shipped? Is there any way to check on this?

RC
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
Karaptis
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Re: The Wait is Getting to Me

Post by Karaptis »

I'm sorry to hear that. The Mom and Pop stores are getting killed because the distributers usually suck.It is such a hassle to get my local store to order things. I want to give the locals my business but it is hard to do when I can get it within a week when I order online.
bill4935
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by bill4935 »

While I am assured that the shop ordered it as a preorder, what happens if the order was placed wrong by the distributor (in this case, Lion Rampant)? Will I never see 66.5? :cry:
As someone who found out about this rpg after the pre-order deadline, but before the street date... I can sympathize.

Now back in 2005, when I worked in the same building as Lion Rampant (in Hamilton, ON), I found them all to be a bunch of great guys.

But also professional and punctual as all heck. So hang in there!

/seriously considering buying the pdf just as a stopgap until I can get to my nearest game store... only 55km away.
caveman
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by caveman »

I got mine, RK, but I feel ya. I gave up on my local store. I felt like they were out of touch and never had the kind of stuff I wanted, so I went direct on this one.
I did buy a Warhammer starter set from the flgs recently though, and that wasn't cheap...
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Yeah, I know that I just have to wait.

And I really prefer to support local businesses when I can, but each step along the chain is another where a link could break. :wink:

General release date is four days from now. I find myself in the unenviable position of possibly being the last in my circle to have the book that I preordered!

Thank Crom and Joseph Goodman for the pdf!
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
funkaoshi
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by funkaoshi »

I've been harassing my wife while i'm at work asking if the book has shown up yet.

(I need to see if HairyT will be getting of the modules, etc, once its officially released. Duelling Grounds in my local store, but they don't seem to carry anything from 3rd party RPG publishers.)
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

I like the good people at Hairy T, but Dueling Grounds participated in Free RPG Day last year, and supplied me with my first actual DCC hard copy, so I wanted to go through them as a big Thank You.

I am running two DCC events at Dueling Grounds for Free RPG Day this year, tentatively at noon and 3 pm, each scheduled for 2 hours with a 1-hour break between.
SoBH pbp:

funkaoshi
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by funkaoshi »

Oh, i'll add that to my calendar. I didn't realize they can/would order stuff in. I'd like to support them. They are so close to my house and seem to offer up their giant space to anyone and everyone.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Well, it is my understanding that no one has the "street date" materials yet here in Toronto. I.e., I couldn't go out and buy Sailors on the Starless Sea if I needed it more than my left kidney. Nor was there a Core Rulebook available yet around these parts, so I still have a chance to get mine before most of the locals do.

That's what I get for moving to Toronto from Los Angeles, I guess. If I still lived in California I would have been able to pick up Crawl! #1 in a store.
SoBH pbp:

funkaoshi
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by funkaoshi »

I'm hoping mine arrives today, but i'm not holding my breath. I was hoping to pick up Sailors on the Starless Sea locally, though i'm not sure anyone besides Hairy T will have it. (Did you get Dueling Grounds to order a bunch of Goodman Games stuff, or were they just making an order for you?)
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

funkaoshi wrote:I'm hoping mine arrives today, but i'm not holding my breath. I was hoping to pick up Sailors on the Starless Sea locally, though i'm not sure anyone besides Hairy T will have it. (Did you get Dueling Grounds to order a bunch of Goodman Games stuff, or were they just making an order for you?)
I've just done the basic pre-order so far, but I stopped by Hairy T at lunch and confirmed that nothing is available through their distributors here yet. Hairy T orders Goodman Games items regularly.
SoBH pbp:

Galadrin
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Galadrin »

For Torontonians, The Sci Fi World guy said that he is more than happy to order these upon request (I think he uses Lion Rampant as well), and he also had the Free RPG day piece last year.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Well, I finally managed to get my hands on my pre-order copy yesterday. Perfect condition; fantastic book.

Of course, what I really was looking forward to at this point was Doom of the Savage Kings, which, I must say, does not disappoint! Very cool module, and I am eager to run it now!
SoBH pbp:

sheriffharry
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by sheriffharry »

In order to save a lot of shipping cost (to Canada), I ordered from a gameshop in England.
They tell me they will have the book by June 18th ("second wave" of distribution??), should I start to worry???

:?
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

sheriffharry wrote:In order to save a lot of shipping cost (to Canada), I ordered from a gameshop in England.
They tell me they will have the book by June 18th ("second wave" of distribution??), should I start to worry???

:?
It was worth the wait. This is a beautiful book.

Doom of Savage Kings is a great module.

Whereabouts in Canada are you?
SoBH pbp:

sheriffharry
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by sheriffharry »

:?[/quote]

Whereabouts in Canada are you?[/quote]

Quebec.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Well, that's a bit too far for casual visits. :(

On the other hand, the food is great! :D
SoBH pbp:

Return to “DCC RPG General”