DCC Core Book Index

If it doesn't fit into a category above, then inscribe it here, O Mighty One...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

DCC Core Book Index

Post by Harley Stroh »

Hey all,

So some folks have made the request for an index and I can certainly understand the request. That said, we're a small outfit, and right now everyone is working their heiny off, either getting out the last of the post-April 1 pre-orders, editing modules, illustrating modules, laying them out, or writing them.

Now, I've never made an index before. I might be underestimating the complexity on some level, so feel free to step in and speak up. But otherwise ...

... let's make an index.

Maybe it will flounder and no one will contribute. And that's fine. At least that will let us know whether it is or isn't important. But if we all kick in a couple pages a night, we should make a dent in this pretty soon.

Index:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... wU2c#gid=0

Tables:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... UtVelZSa1E

Edit: PDF of completed Table index by HaVoCLaD
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B-Gxe4 ... kZHV1ZMc0U

//H
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
Machpants
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Re: DCC Core Book Index

Post by Machpants »

Will try to hit some stuff in there once I have the physical book
LAST OF THE F3W
Gloria Finis
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Post by GnomeBoy »

I guess the advantage of going the retail route for the pre-order is that the index will be all done, thanks to all the direct pre-ordering folks before I even have the hard copy in-hand! :mrgreen:

Thanks, guys!
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
HaVoCLaD
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by HaVoCLaD »

I entered all the tables that had an official title like "Table 4-1 Attack Roll Modifiers" on page 78.

I did not add all of the embedded tables. For example the unnamed table on the same page that contains the info for how many actions it takes to perform an activity.

My inclination is that the embedded tables should be in the index while I wanted the Table of Tables to stay relatively short so I could reference while reading the book as y'all seem to have made frequent use of constructs like "see table 2-10."
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

*cough*

Holy smokes. HaVoCLaD pounded a 6-pack of Jolt last night and busted out the index of tables. Insane, and great work.

Best first post ever. :twisted:

I sorted by alpha and rendered it as a PDF which can be download here:

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B-Gxe4 ... kZHV1ZMc0U

Also added it to the DCC Resource thread. Nice work!

//H

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

It appears we're indexed through page 70. Nice work, guys!

//H

goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Great work guys! If/when we make it to a 2nd printing, I intend to fix everything noted in the "stomp the typos" thread, and I'll also include this index. Although it will be tough to decide which piece of full-page art I'll have to remove from the end gallery to substitute for the index. Argh, the choice is too difficult!!
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
shadewest
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by shadewest »

goodmangames wrote:Great work guys! If/when we make it to a 2nd printing, I intend to fix everything noted in the "stomp the typos" thread, and I'll also include this index. Although it will be tough to decide which piece of full-page art I'll have to remove from the end gallery to substitute for the index. Argh, the choice is too difficult!!
But by then all the modules will out already, so fans will have the full color versions anyway.
...unless the judge rules otherwise.

Steven Thivierge
Playtester and additional design for:DCC RPG.
Machpants
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Machpants »

goodmangames wrote:Great work guys! If/when we make it to a 2nd printing, I intend to fix everything noted in the "stomp the typos" thread, and I'll also include this index. Although it will be tough to decide which piece of full-page art I'll have to remove from the end gallery to substitute for the index. Argh, the choice is too difficult!!
Is it intended for the PDF to get all this added to it for us to have as well?
LAST OF THE F3W
Gloria Finis
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

Machpants wrote: Is it intended for the PDF to get all this added to it for us to have as well?
We're a ways from having a functioning index. I figure we'll cross that bridge once (if) it is completed.

//H

Return to “DCC RPG General”