Am I too late?

If it doesn't fit into a category above, then inscribe it here, O Mighty One...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Sunderstone
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Am I too late?

Post by Sunderstone »

Is it too late to preorder the DCC RPG rule book (either version) with the 66.5 adventure bundle? Also do we get a free PDF version with purchases?
a.k.a. Mithriltooth
finarvyn
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: Fair Game, Downers Grove IL

Re: Am I too late?

Post by finarvyn »

I believe that the preorder date has come and gone, as Joseph had to have a total to submit to the printers. I suppose you could go to the main Goodman Games storefront and see if they have disabled the preorder from there, but I think it's all done.
Marv / Finarvyn
DCC Minister of Propaganda; Deputized 6/8/11 (over 11 years of SPAM bustin'!)
DCC RPG playtester 2011, DCC Lankhmar trivia contest winner 2015; OD&D player since 1975

"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs, He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own."
-- Gary Gygax
"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
-- Dave Arneson
"Misinterpreting the rules is a shared memory for many of us"
-- Joseph Goodman
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Post by GnomeBoy »

Yes. :(
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
Vanguard
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Vanguard »

Is it too late to get just the book prior to the street date?
My Gaming Blog: The Earthlight Academy
http://earthlightacademy.blogspot.com/
PeelSeel2
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by PeelSeel2 »

If any of the Special cover DCCRPG's are left, they come with the module.
Sunderstone
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Sunderstone »

Thanks all. I've had a change of heart so to speak. Originally I was going to pass on the DCCRPG because of the seemingly complex random spell results and the zocchi dice, but as I read more about it I thought I might pick it up anyway. As a collector by nature I don't want to miss out on specials (like 17.5 for 3.5 edition which I still can't get a physical copy).
I'll wait for official word that the foil cover editions are out of stock before I give up :) .

Also since my better half bought me my Ipad2, a digital copy is cool to have as well. All of my PF books are on my mobile devices. It awesome when I'm at work as I drive for a living and have lotsa layover time in between.
a.k.a. Mithriltooth
PeelSeel2
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by PeelSeel2 »

Sunderstone wrote:Thanks all. I've had a change of heart so to speak. Originally I was going to pass on the DCCRPG because of the seemingly complex random spell results and the zocchi dice, but as I read more about it I thought I might pick it up anyway. As a collector by nature I don't want to miss out on specials (like 17.5 for 3.5 edition which I still can't get a physical copy).
I'll wait for official word that the foil cover editions are out of stock before I give up :) .

Also since my better half bought me my Ipad2, a digital copy is cool to have as well. All of my PF books are on my mobile devices. It awesome when I'm at work as I drive for a living and have lotsa layover time in between.
I thought the random spell results would be fiddly. So far, they have just added to the excitement. And they are pretty quick once your organized.

All zocchi results except the d14 can be made with regular dice.
bitflipr
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by bitflipr »

Both versions of the hard cover are still available for pre-order within the online store. The foil cover still indicates it includes the free adventure.
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

bitflipr wrote:Both versions of the hard cover are still available for pre-order within the online store. The foil cover still indicates it includes the free adventure.
This is correct. In addition to the copies of Doom included in the pre-April 1 presale, Joseph printed just enough copies of Doom to include one with each copy of the foil cover edition. If you find a copy of the foil edition it in your FLGS, or order it from the webstore, it should come with a copy of Doom.

All that said, since about a month ago Joseph has been warning us that the few extra copies of the foil edition were close selling out.

//H
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
Sunderstone
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Sunderstone »

I'll orde one tonight when I get home. Do these come with PDFs as well?

Thanks again.
a.k.a. Mithriltooth
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

Sunderstone wrote:Do these come with PDFs as well?
Regretfully, no. The PDFs were only included with the pre-April 1 presale.

//H
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
Sunderstone
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Sunderstone »

:(
I was hoping for a Paizo type of subscription model. Last question, is it possible to get Doom and the Rulebook on PDF format ( that's where I do most of my reading these days)?
a.k.a. Mithriltooth

Return to “DCC RPG General”