Forgive me for asking this...

If it doesn't fit into a category above, then inscribe it here, O Mighty One...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

docplutonium
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Forgive me for asking this...

Post by docplutonium »

Hey All;

Please forgive me if this has been debated to death, but I just have to ask.

Now that 3.5 has been murdered in it's sleep by 4.0. Does that mean GG can no longer continue to print or create new 3.5 adventures ? So what we have is ALL we are ever going to have from GG? In a way it makes me sad.

I know you are pumping out the 4.0 adventures now, but I guess I just needed a definitive "YES" or "NO" answer to my question.

So that's it? We now draw the curtain upon what was the finest DnD man hath ever known?

Please let me know, I would appreciate it
Doc
wavemotion
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Re: Forgive me for asking this...

Post by wavemotion »

docplutonium wrote:Now that 3.5 has been murdered in it's sleep by 4.0.
3.5 is alive and well. It's just been renamed to Pathfinder and appears to be outpacing 4e in the last year (other than the one quarter where Essentials was released).

-Dave
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

No edition wars, please. This forum is about DCC RPG and there are no shortage of other places on the internet to flame the edition of your choice!

To answer your specific questions:

* The OGL (the license which allows publication of 3.5-compatible products) is still legally usable (and in fact is used in DCC RPG).

* Goodman Games hasn't published a 3.5 product in many years. We will continue to support 4E via adventure modules. The DCC line will shift over to the DCC RPG rules come November, and then you'll see Master Dungeons pick up the 4E support.

Hope that helps. No problem with specific questions about product plans, support for edition X or Y, etc., but please, no more edition wars!

Thanks,
Joseph
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
docplutonium
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by docplutonium »

Thanks for the reply. No, sorry, I honestly did not mean to jam 4.0, but was just trying to use colorful language. Hey! Keep the Role Playing dream alive, it doesn't matter what you play in my opinion.

I do have to admit that I WAS surprised by your statement about GG not having published a 3.5 adventure in many years.... cry... lol

So If I had an AMAZING supperest dupperest 3.5 dungeon I created there's no use sending it your way huh?

Oh well, asking is always free.

Thanks for the reply! Really appreciated
Doc
smathis
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by smathis »

docplutonium wrote:So If I had an AMAZING supperest dupperest 3.5 dungeon I created there's no use sending it your way huh?
Publish it on Lulu.

Return to “DCC RPG General”