The Perfect 0-Level Character Funnel Party

If it doesn't fit into a category above, then inscribe it here, O Mighty One...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Leg1on
Far-Sighted Wanderer

The Perfect 0-Level Character Funnel Party

Post by Leg1on »

Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Re: The Perfect 0-Level Character Funnel Party

Post by Harley Stroh »

You win the "make us laugh for 5 minutes" thread. Awesome x10. And I think we *need* to edit the background table to make certain we have every member of the Canterbury Tales.

Welcome, Legion!

//H
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
Leg1on
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Leg1on »

Thanks Dude.

After a brief web-o-rama I found this to round them out:

http://lcweb2.loc.gov/service/pnp/highs ... 03191v.jpg

This crew is a natural for the 0-Level abattoir.

The Tales are public domain right?

Hmmm.
TheBlueMonk
Gongfarmer

Post by TheBlueMonk »

Just registered an account here to say that even if this was meant as a joke, it has inspired me to write a hex-crawl wilderness adventure based on some sort of pilgrimage for my group. The 0-level starting characters are just perfect for this! I just have to decide whether to call it "The Cthulubury Tales", or "On the Road to Deathlehem".
Leg1on
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Leg1on »

TheBlueMonk wrote:Just registered an account here to say that even if this was meant as a joke, it has inspired me to write a hex-crawl wilderness adventure based on some sort of pilgrimage for my group. The 0-level starting characters are just perfect for this! I just have to decide whether to call it "The Cthulubury Tales", or "On the Road to Deathlehem".
Thanks Dude.

No joke.

Reading the character funnel rules got me thinking about the Tales and its butcher-baker-candlestick-maker array of protagonists. A quick goog found the images I linked in my OP.

Then, like you, I decided upon a pilgrimage starting scenario, natch'. With over 20 characters, the Tales really is perfect character funnel material. I'd like to hear what you do.
Eldric IV
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Eldric IV »

Cthulubury just sounds too much like Cthulhu berry. That is not something I want in my quaker oats.

The three-men-in-a-tub 0-level party is probably the only part of the game that would be a difficult sell for my players. This might help convince a few of them.

Return to “DCC RPG General”