Level 10+

If it doesn't fit into a category above, then inscribe it here, O Mighty One...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

grimmdm
Gongfarmer

Level 10+

Post by grimmdm »

Would the DCC RPG core book give us some hints to say go beyond level 10?

10 levels is cool, but what if I want to run a long term campaign?

Would that mean we start over with new characters?

this is something I was just wondering
finarvyn
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: Fair Game, Downers Grove IL

Re: Level 10+

Post by finarvyn »

At this point we don't have anything definitive for levels 6-10, so it's a bit premature to anticipate if anything will be written for levels above 10. And the Beta release doesn't even have complete rules up to level 5.

If you read some of the older threads, you'll see how this has progressed. Joseph's original concept called for levels 0-5 only, but a large group of posters convinced him that the game needed to be expanded to level 10. The feeling appeared to be that stopping at level 5 was a "deal breaker" for many.

I think it's neat that Joseph changed his plan based on gamer feedback, but don't expect a plan for levels above 10 in the near future....
Marv / Finarvyn
DCC Minister of Propaganda; Deputized 6/8/11 (over 11 years of SPAM bustin'!)
DCC RPG playtester 2011, DCC Lankhmar trivia contest winner 2015; OD&D player since 1975

"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs, He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own."
-- Gary Gygax
"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
-- Dave Arneson
"Misinterpreting the rules is a shared memory for many of us"
-- Joseph Goodman
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Post by GnomeBoy »

From the [Design Question] DCC RPG and 10 Levels thread ~ http://www.goodman-games.com/forums/vie ... &start=125
GnomeBoy wrote:Levels above 10 should be individual campaign boxed sets that deal with 'higher levels' as needed for the campaign therein. That, to me, would be beautiful.
I really, really, think this would be a really, really good thing.
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
Doomwarden
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Doomwarden »

GnomeBoy wrote:From the [Design Question] DCC RPG and 10 Levels thread ~ http://www.goodman-games.com/forums/vie ... &start=125
GnomeBoy wrote:Levels above 10 should be individual campaign boxed sets that deal with 'higher levels' as needed for the campaign therein. That, to me, would be beautiful.
+1 :)
meinvt
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by meinvt »

Doomwarden wrote:
GnomeBoy wrote:From the [Design Question] DCC RPG and 10 Levels thread ~ http://www.goodman-games.com/forums/vie ... &start=125
+1 :)
+d30
QuentinTheTroll
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by QuentinTheTroll »

I don't envision any pcs surviving to level 10 very often. If they do, I think it would be time for the pc and player to separate, allowing the player to become a renowned NPC in the area, probably holding a keep, castle or tower. At that level, you have the power to send someone else into the dungeon!
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Post by GnomeBoy »

QuentinTheTroll wrote:I don't envision any pcs surviving to level 10 very often. If they do, I think it would be time for the pc and player to separate, allowing the player to become a renowned NPC in the area, probably holding a keep, castle or tower. At that level, you have the power to send someone else into the dungeon!
Ah, but when Cthulhu's big toe shows up in the middle of the Realm -- well, there are just some jobs you have to do yourself...
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
geordie racer
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by geordie racer »

GnomeBoy wrote:
QuentinTheTroll wrote:I don't envision any pcs surviving to level 10 very often. If they do, I think it would be time for the pc and player to separate, allowing the player to become a renowned NPC in the area, probably holding a keep, castle or tower. At that level, you have the power to send someone else into the dungeon!
Ah, but when Cthulhu's big toe shows up in the middle of the Realm -- well, there are just some jobs you have to do yourself...
Cthulhu ? if you are a 10th Level wizard, that's probably you.
Sean Wills

Return to “DCC RPG General”