A couple general book questions

If it doesn't fit into a category above, then inscribe it here, O Mighty One...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

daddystabz
Wild-Eyed Zealot

A couple general book questions

Post by daddystabz »

I have heard the second printing of the core book is out now. What is the difference between the first and second printings and how can you tell which printing you have?
Has anyone found a way to keep the book open when you turn to a page? The tome is so massive it always wants to close.

Does anyone know if Goodman Games has any plans to expand the game further with any supplements? I would not want much. I'd just like to see a campaign setting book in DCC game system rules and maybe more levels and classes.
Skars
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Re: A couple general book questions

Post by Skars »

The second and subsequent printings have an index. I feel like each adventure module serves as a mini supplement with new beasties, spells, and patrons.
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Post by GnomeBoy »

daddystabz wrote:Does anyone know if Goodman Games has any plans to expand the game further with any supplements?
There are plans for an annual supplement -- probably a mixture of contents in them, but we really don't know what to expect from them yet!
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
reverenddak

Post by reverenddak »

daddystabz wrote:I have heard the second printing of the core book is out now. What is the difference between the first and second printings and how can you tell which printing you have?
Has anyone found a way to keep the book open when you turn to a page? The tome is so massive it always wants to close.

Does anyone know if Goodman Games has any plans to expand the game further with any supplements? I would not want much. I'd just like to see a campaign setting book in DCC game system rules and maybe more levels and classes.
There is a banner on the credits pages what reads, "Second Printing", but also if there is an index, it's second printing. I use little sticky bookmarks, 2nd print stays open better than 1st print, for sure.

Check out the Resources thread: Tons of stuff out there already. You'll never be able to use it all: http://www.goodman-games.com/forums/vie ... 60&t=14791
Reverend Dakota Jesus Ultimak, S.S.M.o.t.S.M.S., D.M.

(Dungeon) Master In Chief of Crawl! fanzine. - http://www.crawlfanzine.com/

"[...] there is no doubt that Dungeons and Dragons and its imitators are right out of the pit of hell." - William Schnoebelen, Straight talk on Dungeons & Dragons
Sveden
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Sveden »

Is there an errata doc for 1st printing?
Link to Sveden's PCs
PC descriptions/Status
Bypeld: Wizard - Alchemist AL:N AC:10 HP:6 Weapon:Staff or Longsword +1 (1d4+1) 13/6/9/11/15/8(7)
Orastes: Wizard - Grave Digger AL:C AC:10 HP:6 Weapon:Shovel -2 (1d4-2) 4/12/12/10/14/10
Tonunt: Thief - Weaver AL:L AC:11 HP:6 Weapon:Dagger -2 (1d4-2) 5/13/9(11)/5/6/13
Portly Trim: Cleric AC:11
Fritz: Thief AC:10
Ravenheart87
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Post by Ravenheart87 »

Sveden wrote:Is there an errata doc for 1st printing?
Here you are: http://www.goodman-games.com/downloads/ ... 070512.pdf
Vorpal Mace: a humble rpg blog with some DCC-related stuff.
daddystabz
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by daddystabz »

If I ordered the new DCC RPG book with the limited edition wizard cover would it be 2nd. Printing with the index included and better spine so you can lay it open better?
Last edited by daddystabz on Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
reverenddak

Post by reverenddak »

daddystabz wrote:If I ordered the new DCC RPG book with the limited edition wizard cover would it be 2nd. Printing epwith the index included and better spine so you can lay it open better?
Yes. That was a fun experiment. Both Ltd Editions, top is 1st print. bottom is 2nd print with Wizard cover. The lowest page I could get to without it closing on itself was 166 for 1st print, and I was able to get to the ToC on the 2nd print book without it closing. 1st print has thicker pages, but 2nd print is a built a bit cleaner. It also uses smaller signatures, so that also explains why it stays flatter. But it also costs more.

Reverend Dakota Jesus Ultimak, S.S.M.o.t.S.M.S., D.M.

(Dungeon) Master In Chief of Crawl! fanzine. - http://www.crawlfanzine.com/

"[...] there is no doubt that Dungeons and Dragons and its imitators are right out of the pit of hell." - William Schnoebelen, Straight talk on Dungeons & Dragons
CyricPL
Gongfarmer

Post by CyricPL »

There's a mention of the issue of spine quality ... I just got my copy of 2nd printing in the mail today (after spending a month pouring over the Drive-Thru RPG PDF) and I noticed that the spine of the pages is distinctly not attached to the spine of the cover. Is this normal, or should I be looking to return it?

As an FYI, I got it from an Amazon seller, my FLGS didn't carry it and is real flakey on special orders and the shipping through Goodman is a lot more (which I understand, selling through the mail direct to me isn't really their business).
Golgothmog
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Golgothmog »

I don't know about the DCC hardcover specifically (I'm running off the PDF)... but I know that with most hardcover textbooks (which are pretty sturdy IMO) if you open them up a bit you can see that the spine is separate from the pages... so if the DCC hardcover is built like the average textbook I'd see that as a good thing.

Return to “DCC RPG General”