Spell Duels: how to do multiple spells per round?

If it doesn't fit into a category above, then inscribe it here, O Mighty One...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, michaelcurtis, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

dark cauliflower
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Spell Duels: how to do multiple spells per round?

Post by dark cauliflower »

guyz,

I was just going over the spell duel system. I didn't see any mention of how to deal with casters who are casting more than 1 spell in the round. Am I to assume in this scenario:

1. Spell caster is caster 2 spells.
2. Other caster can cast one spell... and counterspells.

does the fact that the other caster is counterspelling cause caster 1 to give up his second spell and focus on the counterspeller? Or does he drop out of spell duel after spell 1 is cast and cast #2 freely.

how about this odd one.
10 level wizard can cast 3 spells.

he faces opponents that can cast a total of 3 spells. Can he counterspell each of those spells?

I'm going to interpret the rules so that if a caster can cast multiple spells per round, each one of those spell casts can be used to counterspell. Also, if he counterspells once and still has some spell actions left when his place in the initiative comes up he can use those left over spells.

thoughts? corrections?
Dark Cauliflower

--from deep night comes the cruciferiouz king!
TheNobleDrake
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Re: Spell Duels: how to do multiple spells per round?

Post by TheNobleDrake »

I think the best way to handle it is to treat the additional action dice just like you would additional casters participating in the duel - so if those extra actions are used for spells relevant to the duel, you handle each interaction separately and apply all the effects simultaneously once they are determined.

Return to “DCC RPG General”